1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice

Prim/Sec DNS on the same server

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by keymasterdk, Jun 14, 2005.

1. keymasterdk

keymasterdk Basic Pleskian

73%
    Hi

First i know that it is not the best idear to have both prim and sec DNS server on the same server. but i want to make a try.
    I use Plesk 7.5.3 and have the dns in win DNS mode (plesk) Not Binds. So what to do to get this working, please help if you can...

ns1.webudbyder.dk : 80.165.112.134
    ns2.webudbyder.dk : 83.90.254.49

I have set my server up so that it has 2 Wan and Lan IP as it have 2 network cards.

All th official things are done that means i have payed for the 2 name servers long time ago so no problem there they are pointing to my ip´s

Regards John

2. Antony

Antony Guest

Than you`ll have no problems with making Plesk to work. But if something happens - where will your nameservers be? And where your hosted sites will be?

3. keymasterdk

keymasterdk Basic Pleskian

73%
    That is correct, but even with my 2 servers running when the server i use Plesk on goes down then there are no Hosting any more. So if you could help me a little it would be realy cool..

Regards. John

4. AbsolutelyFreeW

AbsolutelyFreeW Guest

but plesk name server will respond to all ips of the server.. you dont need to do anything!?