• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Prim/Sec DNS on the same server

keymasterdk

Basic Pleskian
Hi

First i know that it is not the best idear to have both prim and sec DNS server on the same server. but i want to make a try.
I use Plesk 7.5.3 and have the dns in win DNS mode (plesk) Not Binds. So what to do to get this working, please help if you can...

ns1.webudbyder.dk : 80.165.112.134
ns2.webudbyder.dk : 83.90.254.49

I have set my server up so that it has 2 Wan and Lan IP as it have 2 network cards.

All th official things are done that means i have payed for the 2 name servers long time ago so no problem there they are pointing to my ip´s

Regards John

Than you`ll have no problems with making Plesk to work. But if something happens - where will your nameservers be? And where your hosted sites will be?

That is correct, but even with my 2 servers running when the server i use Plesk on goes down then there are no Hosting any more. So if you could help me a little it would be realy cool..

Regards. John

but plesk name server will respond to all ips of the server.. you dont need to do anything!?

Back