• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

problem removing account

G

GianniB

I created a new account on my server, but something went wrong and the hosting isn't working.

So I tried to remove the hosting, but I can't remove it. The server returns this error:

Error: Unable to remove domains: Problems occured while removing domains: Unable to remove hosting: Unable to delete logrotate config: logrot_mng failed: Execute websrvmng --update-log-rotation "--vhost-name=cit-solutions.be" failed: Site domain.tld doesn't exist

(domain.tld in the error is not the actual domain, I replaced it to post on this forum)

I'm not sure how to fix this, so any help is welcome.

Try to reconfigure domain first with

C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\bin>websrvmng.exe --reconfigure-vhost --vhost-name=domain.tld

and then try to remove it again.

That didn't work. It returned the following error:

Filename: \\?\C:\Windows\system32\inetsrv\config\applicationHost.config
Error: Cannot write configuration file

In module
Exception type: System.IO.FileLoadException
at Microsoft.Web.Administration.Interop.AppHostWritableAdminManager.CommitChanges()
at Microsoft.Web.Administration.ConfigurationManager.CommitChanges()
at Microsoft.Web.Administration.ServerManager.CommitChanges()
at CIIS7ServerManagerBase.Commit(CIIS7ServerManagerBase *)

Maybe this is useful, I tried to create another hosting account, just for testing, and it also returned errors:

Error: Unable to update hosting preferences: WebServerManager::addVhost() failed: websrvmng failed: Filename: \\?\C:\Windows\system32\inetsrv\config\applicationHost.config
Error: Cannot write configuration file
In module
Exception type: System.IO.FileLoadException
at Microsoft.Web.Administration.Interop.AppHostWritableAdminManager.CommitChanges()
at Microsoft.Web.Administration.ConfigurationManager.CommitChanges()
at Microsoft.Web.Administration.ServerManager.CommitChanges()
at CIIS7ServerManagerBase.Commit(CIIS7ServerManagerBase* )

Did you checked permissions on C:\Windows\system32\inetsrv\config\ directory? It looks like it is not correct if file cannot be created there.

The problem seems to be solved. I did a Windows update, an anti-virus update, restarted the server after this, ran the websrvmng.exe again and everything went back to normal.

I simply restarted the machine and this has resolved all issues. It seems some services were stuck may be.

I have Server 2008 with Plesk 9

Back