• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

problem whit DNS

C

coccia.stefano

Hi I have 3 nameserver
ns.distribuzioniservizi.net 83.103.42.36
ns1.distribuzioniservizi.net 83.103.30.240
ns2.distribuzioniservizi.net 83.103.30.241

the last 2 ns are new and I want put this and delete the first...

I have tryed to put my new domain only whit the new ns

10.10.10.102 / 24 PTR
qualityprices.com.
ftp.qualityprices.com. CNAME qualityprices.com.
mail.qualityprices.com. A 10.10.10.102
ns.qualityprices.com. A 10.10.10.102
qualityprices.com. A 10.10.10.102
qualityprices.com. MX (10) mail.qualityprices.com.
qualityprices.com. NS ns1.distribuzioniservizi.net.
qualityprices.com. NS ns2.distribuzioniservizi.net.
webmail.qualityprices.com. A 10.10.10.102
www.qualityprices.com. CNAME qualityprices.com.

Ah sorry I have a sevice that I have 4 IP that point to my router and after the router send all request to my IP 10.10.10.102...

If I see dnsstuff is all ok but after 2 week not resolve it. Why?

It sounds to me like you're trying to use this domain as possibly a slave dns with the main dns server being on another?

Have you tried going into Plesk and into the DNS settings for the domain, telling it to Switch at the top and then specifying the master DNS server ip address ( 83.103.30.240)

Then, make sure domain records with the registrar (Network Solutions or whomever) are pointing to the master DNS server ( 83.103.30.240) and that your master dns records are pointing correctly to Plesk (www, domain.com, etc) from within the Master DNS server.

Where I set the primary DNS? Under Plesk? Under the register?

You would set it in the DNS section of Plesk for that particular domain name. At the top of the DNS section, there is a button that says Switch - you will choose it and enter in the Primary DNS server. You will also tell Network Solutions or whomever you registered the domain with to point the Name Server records to the ip address that you specified as the Primary server in this section.

Yes - as long as you correctly set up the DNS entries in the primary server and have them pointing to the ip address of that domain, then it should work. I'd wait about 24 hours to see. You may know in just a few hours.

Also, make sure that your current DNS server doesn't have anything blocking the Plesk server from pulling the data from it. Sometimes you have to allow the slave server to pull DNS records from the master. Some master DNS servers might block zone transfers unless specifically told to allow them.

It still doesn't look like your domain name is resolving. Did you make sure that you primary DNS server is allowing domain transfers for the secondary DNS Plesk server?

I have wait 24/48 hour but nothing... don't resolve it :(
I have put the ip under ethernet IP (4 IP) but if I put the dns first (the old) is ok why? I can't set other DNS? If I want build 4 dns i can't?

You need to make sure that the main DNS server isn't blocking transfers to the secondary server. Some block transfers and you have to add the secondary server's ip address to a list of allowed servers within the primary server so that the secondary server can successfully get primary's DNS information. If Plesk can't get this, then it doesn't know what to do with website address requests because it's needing primary's data.

where I can find if I have blocked my second IP? If i ping my ip or dns is all ok...

It would depend upon the primary dns software that you're using or company that you're using for name hosting. If it's a company, tell them that you need to allow zone transfers for the ip address of your Plesk machine. If it's a software program, read up on it and see if you can find where to allow certain ips zone transfer rights.

Also, make sure that you don't have a firewall that is blocking the DNS ports for either name servers.

I have all to domaindirect.com my first domain is distribuzioniservizi.net and I have build 3 dns
ns.distribuzioniservizi.net
ns1.distribuzioniservizi.net
ns2.distribuzioniservizi.net

I have see under controll panel of domaindirect but I can set all dns that I want build.
All domain where I put only the ns1 and ns2 don't run...

The first, I have bulid 3 ns the same of first image
ns.distribuzioniser.....
ns1.....
ns2.....

But do you also have access to the second screen that I showed you? If you don't, then you can't edit the zone files and therefore you can't use them for your DNS, you'll need to use the Plesk DNS.

Let me know . . .

extactly... I can't use the second, and I don't want use it.. I want go to my domain... put my dns (ns1 and ns2) ad manage my zone under plesk... the problem is that don't resolve is that plesk don't accet much dns only 1, the first, the old???

Then this is what you need to do . . .

Change the Plesk server back to a master server by choosing Switch at the top. Tell it to reset the name server information back to the default, before you made any modifications (all of these settings are in the DNS section of the domain you created).

Open the DNS ports if you're behind a firewall to allow DNS traffic.

Then, somewhere on the domain direct site you should be able to add a name server and then specify the address of that name server.

So, create the primary nameserver on domain direct as:

ns.yourdomainnamehere.com and then tell it the address of the Plesk server.
You have to create the nameserver for the domain first so that it knows what ip address to use.

Then, go to the name server information section at their site and remove all name servers and add the ns.yourdomainnamehere.com nameserver address as the primary. You can leave the others blank if allowed.

Then, wait to see if the name resolves correctly.

Also,

10.10.10.x is a private ip range I believe. Have you set up mapping so that it's mapping a public address to the private address?

I've never used a private ip address on a Plesk server and don't know if there are any problems related to doing such.

But - have you mapped the public ip to the private yet and opened the necessary ports?

all pubblic address are redirect to private IP and all port are open.
If I put my primary DNS (ns.distribuzioniservizi.com) the site work if I put other dns (ns1.distribuzioniservizi.com) nothing this is the problem.... I must set the dns under plesk but where????? I have put the IP I have set under the domain the information of the dns

foto_1.jpg

foto_2.jpg

Back