• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Problem with FTP after upgrating to 10.3

P

Planck

Greetings,

Since i upgraded to 10.3 i have trouble loging in to FTP for newly created domains.
I get the following error:

Response: 530 User cannot log in, home directory inaccessible.
Error: Critical error
Error: Could not connect to server

Thanks
Alex

Try to reset the password of this newly created FTP users (even with the same same one), maybe it helps till you find the solution.

Have you tried to launch:
cd %plesk_bin%
ftpmng.exe --reconfigure-all

?

I tried:

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
C:\Users\Administrator>cd %plesk_bin%
C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\bin>ftpmng.exe --reconfigure-all
C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\bin>

and then reconfigured the hosting settings.

I still get the same error:

Response: 530 User cannot log in, home directory inaccessible.
Error: Critical error
Error: Could not connect to server

Please check the following location:
C:\inetpub\vhosts\Servers\4123\localuser\

where 4123 is ID of FTP server, and will be different for your instance, of course. You can lookup id of your server in IIS manager.

In this folder there must be symlink folder with name of FTP account created. Please check if it exists or not.

Yes, it does exist.

In my case that directory is at:

D:\Inetpub\vhosts\Servers\5\localuser\prparkett-rouss

I am having the exact same problem, among many others. but this is urent as it's been 9 days since FTP has worked. Tried the kb 549 which had zero success:
"%plesk_bin%\ftpmng.exe" --remove-all
"%plesk_bin%\ftpmng.exe" --reconfigure-all

The KB article also says "Plesk , domains, mark problem domain, Click on Check permissions" - I don't see anything that looks like that in plesk 10.

Any help is appreciated.

guys, if you have support ticket with provided credentials to access to the server, please send ticket id to me, I would like to investigate this on your server directly in order to provide solution.

Back