• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Problem with full PSA backup restore

calderwood

Regular Pleskian
I upgraded to 8.4, the server failed, so I re-formated server and re-installed a fresh OS with PSA 8.3 the did a full restore using the most recent backup. Do I need to update to 8.4 again before restoring as I got these errors:

WARNING: Backup file has wrong signature for this server

WARNING! Restore with "-level server" switch brings server to exactly the same
state, as was saved in backup file. All objects, not presented in the backup
file (clients or domains) will be deleted. Proceed? [yes/no]: yes
Failed validation of the document with external DTD /usr/local/psa/PMM/plesk.dtd. The errors are: Element mailsystem content does not follow the DTD, expecting (status , mailuser* , catch-all?), got (status mailuser catch-all domain-keys )No declaration for element domain-keysNo declaration for attribute public-key of element domain-keysNo declaration for attribute private-key of element domain-keysNo declaration for attribute state of element domain-keysElement mailsystem content does not follow the DTD, expecting (status , mailuser* , catch-all?), got (status mailuser mailuser catch-all domain-keys )No declaration for element domain-keysNo declaration for attribute public-key of ....

There is another 3 pages of error messages.

Hello!

Looks like the backup was made by Plesk 8.4.

Thanks.

Upgrade

Yes I did in fact have to update the system to 8.4 before restoring the files. Of the backups from the last three days, the most recent 8.4 backup was in fact corrupt and the only one that worked was an older 8.3 backup. So whatever happened to the system after updating was captured in the backup files. All seems to be running ok now.

Back