• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Problem with php

ThanhN

Basic Pleskian
i have upgrade plesk win 10.4.4

When i upload the file using wordpress i have this error

Warning: file_exists() [function.file-exists]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(C:\Windows\Temp\php5138.tmp) is not within the allowed path(s): (C:\inetpub\vhosts\tnd.vn\total\) in C:\inetpub\vhosts\tnd.vn\total\wp-includes\functions.php on line 2505

how can i fix it for all domain?

i have Safe-mode alwals ON , and i can't set it off

Thank You

Most probably that it is caused by incorrect permissions on C:\Windows\Temp\

No, it's not because setting C:\Windows\temp as a open_basedir folder for that user makes it work

No, global php.ini is set to not using open_basedir and someway all the clients have the open_basedir set to {ROODIR}

Where are the user php settings stored? There's no php.ini in vhost folder

Having the exact same problem.

Can anyone please tell me how I can set it to use c:\windows\temp for just one domain for the time being.

Everything I have tried has not worked. :(

Can anyone help at all, not being able to upload images because of this is just a pain in the backside.

open_basedir restrictions needs disabling, but how?

Same

We are experiencing the same issue only with Drupal. We can't utilize the tmp directory or the encryption key storage for Ubercart. I've logged into the management portal and put the directories that I need access to under the PHP settings for the open_basedir option and I'm still receiving the same errors.

Error

That option doesn't correct the cause of the error. Ultimately none of our hosted sites can write to the Windows Temp directory. So for Drupal that means that the site cannot upload or install modules automatically. I do believe that it has something to do with the open_basedir being assigned a value by Plesk. Our php.ini file does not contain a value for open_basedir, however, when examining phpinfo() you can clearly see that site's home directory is being assigned for that site's open_basedir. Which is fine, I think this functionality is suppose to happen, but why are the system folders not being included? And why can't you write to folders outside the template structure of the site, like for files or encryption keys?

Someone must know how to sort this, we cannot use specific software anymore, as it will not allow us to upload images to update CMS etc

Please Plesk listen to your customers and answer this question.

Sometimes this kind of silence is very suspicious It looks like Parallels are looking made profits from support due this issue.

Honestly why any KB or official answer about this new feature?

I agree with everyone in this thread. This is a breaking change that has not been documented and as well is not being properly supported.

This has negatively affected over 30 of my clients and I now have no answer for them! I have built CMS solutions for them and now I have to manually make changes because they are unable to upload.

Parallels please respond to this issue in a professional and informative manner.

I do know of a fix, if anyone is using vBulletin forum software.

1) You need to create a tmp folder in your httpdocs folder

2) Give the IUSR user full permissions to the tmp folder

3) Go to vBulletin control panel

4) Select Server Settings and Optimization Options

5) Safe Mode Upload Enabled - Click yes

6) Safe Mode Temporary Directory - put the path in ie - C:\Inetpub\vhosts\nameofyourdomain.co.uk\httpdocs\tmp

7) Then save

If anyone now tries to upload images when replying etc it will work.

If you need to upload any plugins etc, then you need to follow the instructions to FTP the required files etc

If you then need to add the Plugin, then FTP the product file, (this would be within the plugin you need to upload) ie mynewproduct.xml to /forum/includes/xml/

Then go to vBulletin control panel, Plugins and Products / add/import product then where it says OR import the XML file from your server add the file name - ie ./includes/xml/mynewproduct.xml then click yes, then import.

That will solve the above issues for vBulletin only.

About error uploading

Let me summarize for everyone the situation:

Plesk has been add a new impressed feature, individual subscription PHP setting, this is amazing because now if a customer need any special PHP configuration, we do not have to made changes in our PHP, they can do by their self witch by the way great! awesome job guys from parallels but here come the issue.

As this is a new feature, old customers who don't made any change would be fine but if you add new customers or change any customer subscription they just get in troubles and our *** with them.

If we setup Windows temp we all get same error, I have try use another Open_basedir configurations I know but so far no works, now what is the situation.

I have create a in each customer account a folder called Temp right next to Httpdocs not in the public root.

It fix part of the issue but her comes a lot more error in the logs and has issues with my global Open base dir setup in the global php.ini

solution? PLEASE HELP

I totally understand they have 'tried' to implement a better use of the php settings which is great but its obviously not working properly or we all wouldnt be having this discussion.

Hence why Parallels is ignoring this thread....

I am a seasoned developer and when a global change like this is made to a system it must be fully documented AND listed as a breaking change in the revision log.

None of which has been done.

Even on new sites I have set up since the upgrade no php upload functionality is working to 2 of my main gallery scripts and Joomla. Wordpress seems to be uploading ok I just get an error but the files are there.

For everyone waiting, I know for sure this thread has now been broguht to the attention of the product managers.

I have just had an email off someone I contacted, confirming this.

Hopefully we will now get the answers / advice that we need.

Back