• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue problems after upgrading to ubuntu 16

shreef

New Pleskian
i tried to upgrade from ubuntu 14 to 16 and i have error in the middle of the upgrade that this is not the original copy of ubuntu ( as ovh was the source of the installation ) and i found that plesk didn't open ! i have reinstalled it and fixed lot of problems by searching in google
but now i find problem in the webmail as it gives 500 internal error and the backup manager gives me

Error: Unable to get dump list: FTP dump file does not exists

and when i wrote the command

/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/pmm-ras --get-dump-list --dump-storage=/var/lib/psa/dumps/

i got

/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/pmm-ras: symbol lookup error: /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/pmm-ras: undefined symbol: _ZN5boost9re_detail12perl_matcherIN9__gnu_cxx17__normal_iteratorIPKcNSt7__cxx1112basic_stringIcSt11char_traitsIcESaIcEEEEESaINS_9sub_matchISC_EEENS_12regex_traitsIcNS_16cpp_regex_traitsIcEEEEE14construct_initERKNS_11basic_regexIcSJ_EENS_15regex_constants12_match_flagsE

I hope that you did dist-upgrade according to official Plesk guide - https://docs.plesk.com/en-US/onyx/a...ver-administration/distupgrade-support.74627/ ?

It seems that Plesk is still broken due to unsuccessful dist-upgrade and I would suggest you usual steps for recovering:

- install all available updates with:

# plesk installer --select-release-current --reinstall-patch --upgrade-installed-components

- repair Plesk installation with

# plesk repair installation

- repair all Plesk settings with

# plesk repair all -y

# plesk installer --select-release-current --reinstall-patch --upgrade-installed-components
result to

Patches were installed successfully.

The changes were applied successfully.

# plesk repair installation
result to
Bootstrapper repair finished.
If problems persist, please check installer logs ('/var/log/plesk/install/plesk_17.0.17_repair.log' and '/var/log/plesk/install/plesk_17.0.17_repair_problems.log') for errors.

in that log it refers to another log files contain

ERR [panel] Apache config (14895883670.04567800) generation failed: Template_Exception: apache2: Syntax error on line 140 of /etc/apache2/apache2.conf: Syntax error on line 1 of /etc/apache2/mods-enabled/perl.load: Cannot load /usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_perl.so into server: libperl.so.5.18: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

# plesk repair all -y
results to
Error messages: 0; Warnings: 3; Errors resolved: 0

but still 500 internal error in
webmail.domain.com

Hi shreef,

pls. try to un-install your libapache2-mod-perl2, libapache2-mod-perl2-dev, libapache2-mod-perl2-doc packages ( because it wasn't updated/upgraded correctly ) and re-install it again:
Code:
rm /etc/apache2/mods-enabled/perl.load
aptitude purge libapache2-mod-perl2 libapache2-mod-perl2-dev libapache2-mod-perl2-doc
aptitude install libapache2-mod-perl2 libapache2-mod-perl2-dev libapache2-mod-perl2-doc

Afterwards, pls. reconfigure your webserver - configuration files with the command
Code:
plesk repair web -y -v

or

/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/httpdmng --reconfigure-all

Pls. report back any possible errors/issues/problems for further investigations and suggestions. ;)

i also found this in the apache log

[Wed Mar 22 13:34:37.501789 2017] [fcgid:warn] [pid 29571:tid 139832737265408] (104)Connection reset by peer: [client x.x.x.x:42072] mod_fcgid: error reading data from FastCGI server
[Wed Mar 22 13:34:37.501958 2017] [core:error] [pid 29571:tid 139832737265408] [client x.x.x.x:42072] End of script output before headers: index.php

so i think fastcgi problem here too

how can i fix that ?

i fixed the fastcgi problem by uninstalling it from plesk but now the problem is
webmail.domailn.com opens the default plesk page :(

Hi shreef,

did you check, that Webmail Support is enabled for the domain? ( for which webmail - software? )
Can you confirm, that there is an corresponding "A" - entry for webmail.domain.com on your nameserver?

Would you mind stepping out of your anonymity, so that investigations can be done faster and easier?

am not anonymous
http://webmail.wsilh.co m
remove the space from .com
i just avoid the spam hunters
anyway yes it has A record and i think the problem is arround the php fastcgi now as when i removed it from the plesk
http://prntscr.com/en2u4i
the horde uninstalled automatic !
and when i installed the horde it installed fastcgi automatic again
so the problem i think is about that there is in the fastcgi

Attachments

• upload_2017-3-22_15-1-11.png
    upload_2017-3-22_15-1-11.png
    9.2 KB · Views: 3
Hi shreef,

well... at the moment, your webmail - site opens with the offer to DOWNLOAD the index - file, instead of serving it, so I assume that you removed a bit too much now, or didn't even install all required packages on your server.

Pls. check your current PHP version(s) on your server and re-install your php5, php5-common packages.
Don't forget to install libapache2-mod-php5

There is nothing wrong with the FastCGI - Handler itself.

Pls. consider to switch/check the PHP - handler for your domain: => Home > Subscriptions > YOUR-DOMAIN.COM > PHP settings

Additional note:

Your issues/errors/problems are rather "self-made": You have several missing packages, dependencies issues will occure and Plesk will not work as expected due to missing requirements. I suggest to contact a server administrator or consider to ask for professional support from Plesk:

for libapache2-mod-php
libapache2-mod-php is already the newest version (1:7.0+35ubuntu6).

and for libapache2-mod-php5
E: Package 'libapache2-mod-php5' has no installation candidate

and the domain is on php 7 fast cgi

i know it's problems from me and am trying to solve that
is the service you linked is free or paid ?

Hi shreef,

is the service you linked is free or paid ?
It is a paid ( professional ! ) service.

... and am trying to solve that
I understand your wish, but I have to admit, that it's hard to investigate the current root cause, without inspecting your whole server, missing dependencies, incorrect/missing configuration files, log - files with errors/issues/problems, etc.

At the moment, all points to PHP - issues, so you have to check/repair/install your vendor's PHP - package(s) and the corresponding modules for your apache and finally, you will have to reconfigure the current apache - configuration files after your previous repair/install/re-install processes.

Back