• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Problems downloading update file.

R

RLBII

I've been trying to upgrade from 7.5 to 7.5.1 all night.

Here is the error:

Retrieving Plesk files
1. Downloading http://autoinstall.plesk.com//PSA_7.5.1/rpm_RedHat_9/base/psa-7.5.1-rh9.build75041216.14.i586.rpm (19 files to go)

File download failed.
Failed writing body

The weird thing is I can download the http://autoinstall.plesk.com//PSA_7.5.1/rpm_RedHat_9/base/psa-7.5.1-rh9.build75041216.14.i586.rpm directly to my local computer with no problems.

I enabled all ports on the firewall and still cannot seem to get the server to download the file.

Any ideas?

Well,

Since 7.5 uses PHP 4.3.2 and a new critical vulnerability has been discovered with versions below 4.3.9 ( http://www.hardened-php.net/advisories/012004.txt ) I'd REALLY like to get this updated.

Sure I could just ugrade PHP on the boxes myself, but every damn Plesk box I have tried to go beyond the current set version of software has bombed (except one).

I am assuming that 7.5.1 has been upgraded with PHP 4.3.10 correct?

Checked the permissions on the temp directory where the updater downloads the file: /root/psa/PSA_7.5.1/rpm_RedHat_9/base and it's writable.

I used Wget to grab the file but then when I try and re-run the update instead of the normal "Plesk 7.5.1 Upgrading to the new control panel version " link under the Available releases" section all I see is "No items."

I'm really read to pull my hair out over this one, I really want to upgrade my PHP.

Update.

It looks like PHP was upgraded in 7.5.1

So when it says the "Control Panel PHP version" it's talking about the PHP version for the entire server unless I've installed a non-plesk-standard version of PHP correct?

What's new in Plesk v.7.5.1 build 75041216.14
==============================================
1. [-] "Reject mail to nonexistent user" option does not block mailing lists work.
2. [-] Domain user permissions are kept during password change.
3. [-] Problem with domain with database users rename is resoved.
4. [-] Autoresponder works properly.
5. [-] Problem with SuexecUserGroup directive absence is resolved.
6. [*] Lock screen can be disabled.
7. [-] SMTPS works.
8. [-] packagemng reliability improved.
9. [*] Control Panel PHP version changed to 4.3.10 (security vulnerability fixed).

Plesk uses it's own built-in PHP engine, and is unrelated to the PHP engine that your websites and users will be using.
You'll still need to update PHP on your machine if you want the latest stable to be available for all your websites.

Originally posted by NightStorm
Plesk uses it's own built-in PHP engine, and is unrelated to the PHP engine that your websites and users will be using.
You'll still need to update PHP on your machine if you want the latest stable to be available for all your websites.

I thought one of the reason for Plesk to exist was to help server admins keep their servers updated with the latest patches.

Am I wrong in this assumption?

Originally posted by RLBII
I thought one of the reason for Plesk to exist was to help server admins keep their servers updated with the latest patches.

Am I wrong in this assumption?

Yes, it's not designed to keep anything up-to-date, that would be an admins responsibility.

Back