• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Problems with Magento 2

bulent

Regular Pleskian
On my VPS I have two Magento 2 test installs.
Both installs begin to return the error below:
There has been an error processing your request
Exception printing is disabled by default for security reasons.
Error log record number: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

As I said these are some test installs and I removed this instalations and now when I try to install it again I get this error at the end of instalation:

Error: The following error has occurred during the installation of application: Installation of magento at http://m2.example.com/ failed. Non-zero exit status returned by script. Output stream: 'PHP Fatal error: Uncaught ErrorException: SessionHandler::read(): open(/var/lib/php/session/sess_8nhj4i6r07i6c7ot0384b4m9u4, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in /var/www/vhosts/example.com/m2.example.com/vendor/magento/framework/Session/SaveHandler.php:74 Stack trace: #0 [internal function]: Composer\Util\ErrorHandler::handle(2, 'SessionHandler:...', '/var/www/vhosts...', 74, Array) #1 /var/www/vhosts/example.com/m2.example.com/vendor/magento/framework/Session/SaveHandler.php(74): SessionHandler->read('8nhj4i6r07i6c7o...') #2 [internal function]: Magento\Framework\Session\SaveHandler->read('8nhj4i6r07i6c7o...') #3 /var/www/vhosts/example.com/m2.example.com/vendor/magento/framework/Session/SessionManager.php(189): session_start() #4 /var/www/vhosts/example.com/m2.example.com/vendor/magento/framework/Session/SessionManager.php(130): Magento\Framework\Session\SessionManager->start() #5 /var/www/vhosts/example.com/m2.example.com/vendor/magento/module-backend/Model/Auth/Session.php(88): Magento\Framework\Session\Se in /var/www/vhosts/example.com/m2.example.com/vendor/magento/framework/Session/SaveHandler.php on line 74 PHP Fatal error: Uncaught ErrorException: SessionHandler::write(): open(/var/lib/php/session/sess_8nhj4i6r07i6c7ot0384b4m9u4, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in /var/www/vhosts/example.com/m2.example.com/vendor/magento/framework/Session/SaveHandler.php:86 Stack trace: #0 [internal function]: Composer\Util\ErrorHandler::handle(2, 'SessionHandler:...', '/var/www/vhosts...', 86, Array) #1 /var/www/vhosts/example.com/m2.example.com/vendor/magento/framework/Session/SaveHandler.php(86): SessionHandler->write('8nhj4i6r07i6c7o...', '') #2 [internal function]: Magento\Framework\Session\SaveHandler->write('8nhj4i6r07i6c7o...', '') #3 {main} thrown in /var/www/vhosts/example.com/m2.example.com/vendor/magento/framework/Session/SaveHandler.php on line 86 '. Error stream: 'PHP Fatal error: Uncaught ErrorException: SessionHandler::read(): open(/var/lib/php/session/sess_8nhj4i6r07i6c7ot0384b4m9u4, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in /var/www/vhosts/example.com/m2.example.com/vendor/magento/framework/Session/SaveHandler.php:74 Stack trace: #0 [internal function]: Composer\Util\ErrorHandler::handle(2, 'SessionHandler:...', '/var/www/vhosts...', 74, Array) #1 /var/www/vhosts/example.com/m2.example.com/vendor/magento/framework/Session/SaveHandler.php(74): SessionHandler->read('8nhj4i6r07i6c7o...') #2 [internal function]: Magento\Framework\Session\SaveHandler->read('8nhj4i6r07i6c7o...') #3 /var/www/vhosts/example.com/m2.example.com/vendor/magento/framework/Session/SessionManager.php(189): session_start() #4 /var/www/vhosts/example.com/m2.example.com/vendor/magento/framework/Session/SessionManager.php(130): Magento\Framework\Session\SessionManager->start() #5 /var/www/vhosts/example.com/m2.example.com/vendor/magento/module-backend/Model/Auth/Session.php(88): Magento\Framework\Session\Se in /var/www/vhosts/example.com/m2.example.com/vendor/magento/framework/Session/SaveHandler.php on line 74 PHP Fatal error: Uncaught ErrorException: SessionHandler::write(): open(/var/lib/php/session/sess_8nhj4i6r07i6c7ot0384b4m9u4, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in /var/www/vhosts/example.com/m2.example.com/vendor/magento/framework/Session/SaveHandler.php:86 Stack trace: #0 [internal function]: Composer\Util\ErrorHandler::handle(2, 'SessionHandler:...', '/var/www/vhosts...', 86, Array) #1 /var/www/vhosts/example.com/m2.example.com/vendor/magento/framework/Session/SaveHandler.php(86): SessionHandler->write('8nhj4i6r07i6c7o...', '') #2 [internal function]: Magento\Framework\Session\SaveHandler->write('8nhj4i6r07i6c7o...', '') #3 {main} thrown in /var/www/vhosts/example.com/m2.example.com/vendor/magento/framework/Session/SaveHandler.php on line 86 '.

What could be the problem?

Hi bulent,

your read/write permissions are somehow misconfigured. Pls. be are that CGI/FastCGI and PHP-FPM is configured to process files and scripts by the domain-specific system-user and the group "psacln".

Code:
chown -R DOMAIN-SPECIFIC-SYSTEM-USER:psacln /var/www/vhosts/example.com/m2.example.com/*

Pls. make sure, that "/var/lib/php/session" has as well the correct permissions :

Code:
chmod 1733 /var/lib/php/session
root:root /var/lib/php/session

Thanks mate ;) that helped.

But what could cause that issue, my plesk install was without any modification.

Hi bulent,

some "bad coded" applications/software still either use "apache : apache" or "www-data : www-data" as rights for newly created files/folders in your documentroot, which might work, when you only use apache as your webserver, but not with CGI/FastCGI and/or PHP-FPM - usage, configured as we do it with Plesk.

On the other hand, the issue with the false rights and permissions for "/var/lib/php/session" was a bug in earlier PHP - versions ( as well with Plesk-built PHP - packages ), where some packages as well used a different session - location, instead of the standart.

Hi bulent,

sorry, I can't confirm this, because I didn't experience issues as described at the other thread ( using Ubuntu 14.04, Ubuntu 16.06 and Debian 7 and 8 ).

Back