• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Qmail Newbie...stuck please help

T

trustco

Problem: Not receiving any emails.

I'm new to all this so please help.

qmail > entered the following

/var/qmail/bin/qmail-qstat
messages in queue: 19816

One solution that was suggested was to rebuild qmail's queue if it consists of a lot of spam messages. Obviously we have a lot of spam but there is also 10% of good email messages.

Question: How can i start receiving messages again and how to retrieve the 10% of good emails?

have you tried "/etc/init.d/qmail restart" to restart qmail ?

are there some error messages in /var/log/mail.info ?

Yes tried
"/etc/init.d/qmail restart"

messages in queue 20028
preprocessed 0

i am receiving emails from Jan 30th but thats about it. Tomorrow i'll probably get Jan 31. How can i get all the emails today?

Thanks for ur help.

20000 messages are not too many, actually they should be processed in hour/two/three.. however i had similar problem, and the reason of very slow delivery was that each spam message was sent to ~1000 recipients in CC/BCC, i.e. total amount of messages to be sent was approx. 2 million

go to Server > Mail > Queue and try to determine there what messages are spam, then filter them and delete..

Sorry but how would i filter and delete?

I'm using Plesk 7.1.2

You might want to check the qmail log as well to ensure what is happening on the server.

i appreciate all the advice but how would i do

1. check the log files?
2. filter & delete the emails?

I'm using Plesk 7.1.2 so i cannot go to server > mail > queue

i can only use ssh connection.

From shell you can:

tail -f /usr/local/psa/var/log/maillog

tried what u recommended:

tail -f /usr/local/psa/var/log/maillog

no such file or directory.

:-(

plesk 7.1 used standard /var/log/maillog, as far as I remember... it was over 2 years ago, I may be wrong..

Back