• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question about automatic mail dump...

N

nhouse

Hello everyone...

I have a question for you. First you should know that I have 4PSA's Spam Guardian installed and it allows for SPAM to be redirected to an email box of your choice. For some of my clients I create a mail box called "[email protected]" and redirect the suspect SPAM to it. I instruct them to review this box every couple of weeks and delete what they don't need.

Now... clients don't always do what we want them to, :) so I am wondering if there is a way to set up a Cron job or something similar that would dump this mailbox automatically on a schedule... such as every 6 weeks or so? Have any of you done this before? I would appreciate your thoughts on this.

Thanks!

Do you want to save the mailbox contents every six weeks and delete the contents, or just to delete?

Actually, I think I would prefer to simply delete the mailbox contents but, of course, preserve the mailbox itself.

"If" I have a choice, could the current messages be archived... and then delete the archive after 60 days... that way there would be the previous 30 days to refer to if needed.

The main thing is to automate the process so that I don't have to rely on somone cleaning the mailbox out manually.

Thanks, if you have an idea, I would appreciate it...:) by the way, I have purchased 5 products from 4PSA thus far.

Back