• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Quit integrating SWsoft SPAM adverts into our PAID software

i'm still waiting for the patch they promised before upgrading to 8.1... oh btw i am waiting for them to fix the cron/stats/mail bugs that appeared in this new wonderful version

The Virtuozzo-banner and Fotalia was there in the CTP-build of Plesk 8.1 back in september. I thought it was a joke, and didn't submit any feedback which I regret now.

SWsoft tries to use us, the customers, to market Virtuozzo for free. Have you seen the Virtuozzo-spam at the default page of a newly created site? Virtuozzo is named both in the news feed and at the bottom. Site after site mentions Virtuozzo... google spiders must love that...

Dirty marketing.

SWsoft is on the wrong track and someone should be fired for this.
Serguei Beloussov, time to do something before it is to late?

Or maybe we should start to offer SWsoft some spam services?
100 Sites $199
300 Sites $399
Yearly renewal: 50%
Spam-mailer addon: $199

;)

Originally posted by Hultenius
Or maybe we should start to offer SWsoft some spam services?
100 Sites $199
300 Sites $399
Yearly renewal: 50%
Spam-mailer addon: $199 [/B]

hehe good idea ;)

I submitted a Sales Support ticket regarding the spam in Plesk 8.1.
Below are my comments and SWSoft's response.

My comments:
Problem Subject: Plesk 8.1.x
Problem Description:

I have been following the forums regarding the new Plesk 8.1.x
software and the concern regarding the advertising located within.
We have installed 8.1 on a test server for review and testing in
anticipation of upgrading. However, I am in agreement with many of
the users of the forum that the self-promotion and advertising in
8.1 is unacceptable for a licensed product. When you remove or
provide the ability to disable these promotions then we will
upgrade. If SWSoft chooses not to provide this ability we will
abandon the product for a different control panel.

Sincerely,
Greg Dotts
President & CEO,
Celerity Data Solutions, Inc.

SWSoft's response:
We are releasing updates within the following weeks for both Plesk Linux and Windows to enable possibility to disable the promotions.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us.

Thanks,
--
Nataly Tarasova
Online Store Dept. Manager
SWsoft, Inc.

A response from my sales guy:

We are aware of this issue, We are releasing a hotfix for Plesk 8.1 which will allow customers to turn off advertising of VZ and Fotolia in the admin control panel. The Plesk Unix – next week (Thursday - Friday).

did they mention anyother fix's to be released in this hotfix

I just installed the latest hotfix for Plesk 8.1.0 on my test server and now under Server -> Interface Management -> Interface Templates tab -> Preferences there are checkboxes for:

- Hide newsfeeds
- Hide Virtuozzo promotion
- Hide Fotolia promotion

Now if only these were checked by default...

Also, hiding the Virtuozzo promotion only removes the Virtuozzo menu, not the item in the top bar which is visible on every page, including the login page.

right now lets just be gratefull for them actually adding the feature.

BTW, anyone got a changelog for this hotfix? it said itwas hotfix3 in my install/update log:S

[*] Now you can remove Virtuozzo promotion page, link to Fotolia site and Plesk news
[*] Application vault updates
[-] Issue with autoinstall repository mirroring is resolved.
[-] Several API, Backup, Migration manager bugs are fixed.
[-] Bug in filemanager within Safari is fixed.
[-] Issue with number of subdomains and domain aliases in Domains page is resolved.
[-] Issue with awstats icons is resolved.

so it looks like they didn't solve the crontab problem many users are having after an upgrade to 8.1

Where can i find these out? as in where do they publish these things? i looked around their website but find it horrible

Vituozzo item (Button) in the top bar which is visible on every page, including the login page is still visible.

This isn't a fix, only blinding for the first time and it's absolutely poor to deactivate the checkboxes for hiding the items as default.

Better for the fist time but not solved!

as I can see, that issue is still unsolved, and I'm not going to upgrade to 8.1 until there is a 8.1.(2 to 4) release in which i hope this issues are solved, I'm not going to expose my clients to the lots of bugs this beta of plesk offers (yes beta, because as i have already said on this forums, we are but beta testers for the x.x.1_to_x versions of plesk) it seems that not only this spam but also awstats, crontab, and in many cases dns and some sql in some cases.

Originally posted by breun
Also, hiding the Virtuozzo promotion only removes the Virtuozzo menu, not the item in the top bar which is visible on every page, including the login page. [/B]
Is this definitely the case? Have you tested on more than one server? Or can anyone else confirm this?

TIA

Wow

I was crusing the threads and found this one.

We are happy with 7.5.4 and I was curious if it is time to upgrade our servers to 8.1

Having advertising on a client control panel is as tacky as tacky can get. Well not as tacky as network solutions/godaddy contacting your registered clients for hosting services but close.

We have been with plesk from like plesk 1.0 and have been basically happy with thier program. I would not of been a happy camper if I loged in after an upgrade and spoted ads for thier products.

Anyone know the name of the swsoft employee who came up with that idea? :) They need a stern talking to.

Back