• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

resellers (not hosts)

eastcoast

Basic Pleskian
With the Sitebuilder 3.0 I was able to create resellers using a single host. Is that still possible ? If so, how ? It looks like each reseller requires a separate host license. I need to provide my resellers with their own logo and plan(s) as well.

Under admin you must create the host and plan. Include the host into the plan and then create resellers on this plan.

I have a license for 1 host and 100 sites. I want to offer this service through several different domains (each with different templates and plans). Can I make several resellers with 1 host. This was relatively simple in 3.0 but I don't see anything in admin for adding resellers.

I don't remember any major changes in this aspect between 3.0.0 and 4.0.0 versions.

Union from own hosts and hosts from plan are available for each user. You must create host under admin and add this host to plan. Then put the reseller on this plan. So this host become available for reseller.

Try to experiment :) For example on the http://sitebuilder4.demo.swsoft.com

Reseller can't add host

I am a SiteBuilder administrator. I've created a plan for a reseller and I've set up the host when defining the plan. I've set the reseller up and assigned that plan to the reseller. However, when my reseller goes to log in and manange the hosts, there are no hosts listed and the 'Add New Host' icon is disabled. When the reseller goes to the desktop, the statistics show this for the hosts: "0 of 1 hosts, 1 available". Is something wrong here? I have SiteBuilder for Linux 4.

All is ok. This is a feature also know as the 'soft limits'. You have a license that allows you to create one host. You can create plans with this limit and assign them to the resellers. But you have created the host under admin user, so the limit is reached. And nobody can create more hosts and override the license limitation.

I have created a plan with the same host that I use as the admin and assigned that plan to the reseller. However, the host is still not showing up. It still says there isn't a host assigned. I'm wondering if there is a bug somewhere...

Try to create site under reseller. You'll see that the host is available in the publications settings. List of hosts that is available for the user consists of plan's hosts and own hosts.

Back