• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

restore 7.5 backup file with 8.0 - is it possible?

W

wellisch

Is it possible to restore a domain backup created with Plesk 7.5 using Plesk 8.0?

I tried it using pleskrestore and I get the following error:
The document has the wrong type, root node is <psa>, but <migration-dump> was expected

It would be a life saver for me if this could be done somehow!

Thanks!

Not sure on your situation but we had a 4PSA restore from 7.5.4 to 8 without any serious problems.

hi
you dont had problems with the ip of the server? was your source = target server?

Originally posted by wellisch
Is it possible to restore a domain backup created with Plesk 7.5 using Plesk 8.0?

I tried it using pleskrestore and I get the following error:
The document has the wrong type, root node is <psa>, but <migration-dump> was expected

It would be a life saver for me if this could be done somehow!

Thanks!
I just wanted to say that the fact that swsoft makes big noise about one of the super great things about plesk 8 is that it can restore backups from any version when that is not true (I ran into this same problem myself) is really, really f**cking annoying. They should at least take it off their website after months of lying about it. I guess there's a chance it's just a bug, but the fact that I haven't read anybody report success with this makes it seem like more than a bug. More likely they intend to make it able to restore from any version someday, but haven't done it yet.

I don't know about the rest of the world, but false advertising is still illegal in the United States, and in Canada...

I've run into the same problem and have been researching a solution. I am running Plesk 7.5.4 and I want to create backups that are restorable in Plesk 8.0 for a planned upgrade. Annoying it doesn't work out of the box, yes, but I believe there are ways around this. Here are some options I have come across......

1) Use the Plesk 8.0 perl backup script, available here: ftp://download1.swsoft.com/Plesk/Plesk8.0/Extensions/bu/
the html provides instructions and the tar file is the backup utility (Note: the instructions list the wrong address for the tar file). If you have a machine running Plesk 7.5.4, copy this backup utility onto it. You do NOT need Plesk 8.0 installed to run it. It will create a backup of your 7.5.4 data that is restorable in Plesk 8.0.

2) Upgrade your 7.5.4 version to 8.0 and then run a backup. There are Plesk 8.0 upgrades availble for download on the plesk site

As an FYI, I am in the process of running a backup and restore using option 1 listed in the previous post. Given that my backup files are over 10GB bzip'ed, its taking me a while to create them, transfer them to a different machine, reimage my server to include Plesk 8.0, transfer the backup back to the machine, and finally attempt to restore them. I will post again tomorrow with the status of this entire operation, whether or not the backup utility mentioned is a viable solution.

could i get a report on this situation and if it worked? im on the same boat in that i have to upgrade but dont want to risk losing all of the data if the upgrade from 7.5.4 -> 8.1 fails. thanks!

Back