• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved rkhunter.conf file

P_heck

Basic Pleskian
Hello,

I have updated the rkhunter.conf file in /opt/psa/etc/modules/watchdog/ and now it complains about broken checksum.

Code:
[11:52:47] Warning: Package manager verification has failed:
[11:52:47]          File: /opt/psa/etc/modules/watchdog/rkhunter.conf
[11:52:47]          The file hash value has changed

Looks like I need to do it instead in the file /etc/rkhunter.conf.local to not break the package (rkhunter --propupd didn't solved the issue).

Now I have made so many changes, that I couldn't revert back to the original file. Can anyone provide me either the file or a way to restore it to original content?

Thanks!

Cheers Peter

Hi P_heck,

"rkhunter" is part of the "psa-watchdog" - package. Pls. try to de and re-install the package, to receive the original files. :)

Example commands ( logged in as user "root" over SSH ):
Code:
plesk installer --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --remove-component watchdog

plesk installer --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --install-component watchdog

Done like suggested, but still got the message, that the file /opt/psa/etc/modules/watchdog/rkhunter.conf has not the right file value.

MD5 Sum is: 898cebe894a9eda0b546dca93baad8a8 /opt/psa/etc/modules/watchdog/rkhunter.conf

Hi P_heck,

in such cases, pls. make sure to manually delete the file, so that a re-install process will install a new version from the package. ;)

OK - worked so far. Adopted all setting in /opt/psa/etc/modules/watchdog/rkhunter.conf.local and it works now.

Hi P_heck,

in such cases, pls. make sure to manually delete the file, so that a re-install process will install a new version from the package. ;)
I also ran watchdogs and rkhunter.conf (/usr/local/psa/etc/modules/watchdog/rkhunter.conf) got a warning. I deleted this file and uninstalled and reinstalled on #2. But it has been warned. Please tell me how to cancel this warning.

Hello,

Any ideas on what is causing this to mismatch?

I had this error and fixed it using the provided method, but now, a few days later, the error is back.

Any ideas?

Regards

I'm still having this issue. I did the following (twice):

1. Removed the rkhunter.conf file
2. Executed the remove/install watchdog commands.

What's going on?

Back