1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

russian wrong display

Discussion in 'Sitebuilder 3.0 for Linux' started by stumyp, Jun 6, 2007.

1. stumyp

stumyp Guest

I've just installed the SB 3.02 for Linux in combination with Plesk.
    All Cyrillic letters are displayed as question marks, "?". However in Plesk I can easily use russian names.
    You can check component versions here
    Please, advice.

2. stumyp

stumyp Guest

3. stumyp

stumyp Guest

Any suggestions ?
    may be you'll need additional information ?

4. Dmitry Frantsev

Dmitry Frantsev Golden Pleskian

57%
    I have checked it on my test server and everything looks good. Try to check and let me know the following things:

1. Make sure that appropriate version of language pack for Sitebuilder 3.0.2 is installed:
    sitebuilder_ru_RU-3.0.2-all.06112310

2. Try to change character encoding in your browser.

3. Which browser do you use? Did you try to check this on different browsers?

If this issue still exists just give me more details about it so I could try to check it from my side.

5. stumyp

stumyp Guest

Thanks for your answer,
    I almost solved this problem.
    I've found that all tables and db sitebuilder3 itself has latin1 conversion. I've changed it to utf8 and all newly inserted data displayed correctly.
    The only place where it's not good - labels for languages, I did reinstall of language packs - but labels are still consist of "?".
    here is part of sitebuilder3.locale table
    PHP:
    10      ru_RU      ???????, ??????      RussianRussia      ,      RUB             ?.      d.m.Y      H:i:s      1      1      
    11     zh_CN     
    ???????     Simplified ChineseChina     .     CNY     ?     ?     Y/m/d     H:i:s     1     1     
    12     zh_TW     
    ???????     Traditional ChineseTaiwan     .     TWD     ?     ?     Y/m/d     H:i:s     1     1     

UPD: I'm using Debian, mysql5, php5.2 (but sitebuilder uses it's own php5.1)