• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Same db username prefix on multiple accounts

Edi Duluman

Basic Pleskian
Hello !

I am very new to Plesk ( admin edition ) ( Just bought a server from hetzner with Plesk 12.5 Admin edition preinstalled - Debian 8.3 ) and I'm getting used to the interface which is nicer than expected so far.

My problem is that, after creating a webspace ( domain ), creating a user and asigning it to the domain itself, I log in with those credentials, everything works perfect, but when I try to create a database, the database prefix ( as I have set it to have a username as prefix ) is always "admin" ( admin being the Administrator account ).

Even though the "System User" - the one I have entered when creating the account , is clearly "landing" and not "admin".

The expected behaviour was to create webspaces, assign users to them, and then, when a database is created, it will be prefixed with that username ( truncate if too long ).

I am not going to resell webhosting or anything but we will have different tech guys working on websites and having the same prefix on all databases is pointless.

Hope I made myself clear.

1.png 2.png

Last edited:
Can't edit the post anymore so I'm making a new one. I found this link from their guide which states the following:

http://docs.plesk.com/en-US/12.5/ad...e-servers/database-hosting-preferences.72875/

You can choose to add either the subscription's system user name or the subscription's external ID (an external ID can be assigned during the creation of a subscription via the API using the optional external-id node) as a prefix for database names, and also to add the subscription's system user name as a prefix for database user names.

So the red part says I can add the "subscription's system user name" which you can clearly see in the 1st attachment, it is called "landing" and not "admin". And the orange part says I can do the same for db users.

Even though the system user is only assigned to one subscription ( like it should ) which may have different websites in it ( that's not an issue ), I am still getting admin_[...] instead landing_[...].

Any ideas ?

Well. In Tools&Settings>Database Hosting Preferences I have enabled option External ID of a subscription and Add username and underscore to the beginning of database user names. Then I created new Customer with assigned subscription. After that I logged to Plesk as customer and when I try to add database I see customer login prefix for database user but not admin.
Please check it.

Hello Igor and thanks for the fast reply !

I have stated the fact that I'm running under ADMIN edition, and reading through documentation and explanations the "system user" is not the one i create from Users ( which is just to access the control panel and manage the subscription ) but the username / password I enter when creating the subscription itself ( webspace ).

Even though when logged in as admin, and I tap on list all webspaces in the upper right corner, I can correctly see the "system user: xxx" assigned to each webspace.

Still, when I log in as "landing" user ( which is assigned only to the landing subscription ) , if I tap on manage webspaces, I can see both of them ( the account being a webmaster with minimal permissions ) like, manage databases, add domains, mails and files.

Let me attach some prints:
image.png
Notice that I am running ADMIN edition of plesk, so I don't know if this is intended behaviour as I do not have customers. Just users.

image.png

In database settings if I do that, the prefix dissapears for the database name.

image.png

The system user as you can notice is landing. Will provide a screenshot showing to you that the database prefix while logged as landing ( assigned to this subscription has no prefix wih those database settings.

image.png

You can see here , logged in as the user landing assigned to androxen subscription with hose db settings, shows no db prefix, but shows admin prefix fo username.

image.png

Here, if I want to add a new domain, as the landing user ( webmaster ) assigned to landing androxen subscription, for some reason, I have access to both subscriptions, being able to add a domain in a subscription I am not part of.

This similar unexpected behaviour happens to servershield from cloudflare as well.

Having logged with landing user ( assigned to androxen subscription ) when tapping on ServerShield by Cloudflare, I have access to All subscriptions, teo at number currently, which shouldnt be like this as far as I know.

image.png

Maybe this is intended behaviour in web admin edition, but then, what is the point of having users and different subscription in webadmin, if anyone has access to everything even when you specifically set up the user to have access to one subscription only.

At the moment, it seems that plesk, even though you log in with another user. ( at least in web admin edition ) still "recognozes" you as admin user, even if it shows different system used, different permissions, you still have access to all subscriptions, the plesk_username variable which is used for database name prefix is still "admin" and you still have access to all other subscriptions in web admin when checking manage webspaces or ServerShield.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    110.4 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Back