• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue second Customer account creation fail

Michael Huber

Basic Pleskian
Version 1:
I have a WHMCS management with a Plesk server (version 12.5)

Version 2:
I have the same thing again:
a WHMCS with a Plesk Onyx Server (current version)

Version 1:
Customer orders a Webpack and WHMCS creates it on the Plesk server. success
Customer orders a second Webpack and WHMCS creates it on the Plesk Server. success
The customer now has two separate customer accounts on the Plesk server.

Version 2:
Customer orders a Webpack and WHMCS creates it on the Plesk server. success
Customer orders a second Webpack and WHMCS creates a subscription in the already existing account.
The customer now has ONE customer account on the Plesk server with two subscriptions in it. (WRONG)

i did some research and it seems to be related to the "external id ". is this a plesk setting ?

how can i make sure that every webpack gets its own customer account ?

i am sure thats any setting. but this is default installation.

all customers who order more than one web pack use it for different projects and customers. but a login only possible with one username and one password.

can anyone say how to persuade Plesk and/or WHMCS to create a new customer with every order without there being a conflict ?

( "Error code: 1007. Error message: Customer with such external id already exist")

I talked to WHMCS support. They are obviously not happy about the behavior of the module either. and it is maintained by Plesk, not WHMCS.

can one of the admins here let the developer know that he is building an option that you can selec?

new customer accounts for multiple webpacks
Yes/No

##############################################################
QUOTE;
I understand the confusion that the client must have experienced being logged in to a different domain in Plesk than the one they were managing in WHMCS. However this is how Plesk has determined that their module should operate within WHMCS. The first account provisioned in WHMCS is the one which should be used for logging into Plesk, subsequent accounts provide FTP access only. The note under the "Module Command" button will confirm which account can be used to login to Plesk.

The Plesk module for WHMCS is developed and maintained by Plesk themselves: plesk/whmcs-plugin So I'm sure their team will be pleased to receive your feedback on their module, and hopefully can consider changing their design in future.

If we can be of any more assistance, please don't hesitate to get back in contact.

Best regards,

--
xxxx
Technical Analyst I
WHMCS, Ltd.
WHMCS | Web Hosting Automation Made Easy
##############################################################

Subscriptions in one Account · Issue #44 · plesk/whmcs-plugin <<

Back