1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Security Policy and smartermail password length

Discussion in 'Plesk 11.x for Windows' started by Davteks, Jul 24, 2012.

1. Davteks

Davteks Guest

Here is a bug that is a big problem.

OK I installed new server with Windows server 2008 x64
    plesk panel 11.0.9
    smartermail ent 10

In plesk I have the security policy set to very weak for Minimum password Strength. only 5 chars needed.

in Smartermail I changed the required password to only 4 chars. But I think that is of no use with version 11 of plesk!

anyway, in plesk panel I go to create a email account and enter a password, 5 characters works fine.

But if I try to change the password of an existing account and try to put only 5 characters, it replys back that I have to use 6 characters. Here is what it says:
    Validation failed. The password does not meet password policy requirements because it is not complex enough. The password must contain at least 6 characters, and it must include characters from three of the following four categories: uppercase letters, lowercase letters, numbers, and non-alphanumeric characters.

There is a problem somewhere. Please verify and let me know what I need to do to only use 5 characters. Really I want to use only 4 characters but thanks for any reply!

Joe

2. Davteks

Davteks Guest

WELL, anyone from plesk going to confirm and atleast let me know I am not crazy... Thus... Be professional to let me know, yes! there is a bug and we are working on it.

That is better than saying nothing and making me wonder if you received this post...

Thanks,

Joe

3. IgorG

IgorG Forums Analyst Staff Member

24%