• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Security Policy and smartermail password length

D

Davteks

Here is a bug that is a big problem.

OK I installed new server with Windows server 2008 x64
plesk panel 11.0.9
smartermail ent 10

In plesk I have the security policy set to very weak for Minimum password Strength. only 5 chars needed.

in Smartermail I changed the required password to only 4 chars. But I think that is of no use with version 11 of plesk!

anyway, in plesk panel I go to create a email account and enter a password, 5 characters works fine.

But if I try to change the password of an existing account and try to put only 5 characters, it replys back that I have to use 6 characters. Here is what it says:
Validation failed. The password does not meet password policy requirements because it is not complex enough. The password must contain at least 6 characters, and it must include characters from three of the following four categories: uppercase letters, lowercase letters, numbers, and non-alphanumeric characters.

There is a problem somewhere. Please verify and let me know what I need to do to only use 5 characters. Really I want to use only 4 characters but thanks for any reply!

Joe

WELL, anyone from plesk going to confirm and atleast let me know I am not crazy... Thus... Be professional to let me know, yes! there is a bug and we are working on it.

That is better than saying nothing and making me wonder if you received this post...

Thanks,

Joe

Back