• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Server backup failed: Could not run make dump with pmmcli

metalalisa

Basic Pleskian
Hi everyone,

I try to backup server and become error
Code:
# plesk bin pleskbackup server
UNIVERSAL->import is deprecated and will be removed in a future perl at (eval 13) line 3.
UNIVERSAL->import is deprecated and will be removed in a future perl at /usr/local/psa/PMM/agents/shared/IPC/Run.pm line 1060.
UNIVERSAL->import is deprecated and will be removed in a future perl at /usr/local/psa/PMM/agents/shared/IPC/Run/IO.pm line 78.
UNIVERSAL->import is deprecated and will be removed in a future perl at /usr/local/psa/PMM/agents/shared/IPC/Run/Timer.pm line 161.
Runtime error: Could not run make dump with pmmcli[Illegal seek]

My investigations brought me to
Code:
# /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/pmmcli --help
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/pmmcli", line 5, in <module>
    import pmmcli
  File "/usr/local/psa/admin/share/pmmcli/pmmcli.py", line 21, in <module>
    import pmmcli_session
  File "/usr/local/psa/admin/share/pmmcli/pmmcli_session.py", line 15, in <module>
    import pmm_migration_handler
  File "/usr/local/psa/admin/share/pmmcli/pmm_migration_handler.py", line 16, in <module>
    import migration_handler
ImportError: Bad magic number in /usr/local/psa/admin/share/migration-handler/migration_handler.pyc

How can I solve this problem?

Thanks

Looks like something wrong with your Perl installation. Have you made any Perl customizations/modifications on your server? Any Perl updates?

no, it was installed from zypper repo

Code:
# zypper if perl
Loading repository data...
Reading installed packages...

Information for package perl:
-----------------------------
Repository: openSUSE-13.1-OSS
Name: perl
Version: 5.18.1-2.1.11
Arch: x86_64
Vendor: openSUSE
Installed: Yes

I see. There is problem with Python, not Plesk. Try to fix it with

# find /usr/local/psa/admin -name *.pyc | xargs rm -f

done, but now there is another error message

Code:
    import pmmcli
    import pmmcli_session
  File "/usr/local/psa/admin/share/pmmcli/pmmcli_session.py", line 15, in <module>
  File "/usr/local/psa/admin/share/pmmcli/pmm_migration_handler.py", line 16, in <module>
    import migration_handler
ImportError: No module named migration_handler

ImportError: Bad magic number in /usr/local/psa/admin/share/migration-handler/migration_handler.pyc

The magic number comes from UNIX-type systems where the first few bytes of a file held a marker indicating the file type.

Python puts a similar marker into its pyc files when it creates them.

Then the python interpreter makes sure this number is correct when loading it.

Anything that damages this magic number will cause your problem. This includes editing the pyc file or trying to run a pyc from a different version of python (usually later) than your interpreter.

If they are your pyc files, just delete them and let the interpreter re-compile the py files. On UNIX type systems, that could be something as simple as:

Code:
rm *.pyc
or:
Code:
find .-name '*.pyc'-delete

If they are not yours, you'll have to either get the py files for re-compilation, or an interpreter that can run the pyc files with that particular magic value.

One thing that might be causing the intermittent nature. The pyc that's causing the problem may only be imported under certain conditions. It's highly unlikely it would import sometimes. You should check the actual full stack trace when the import fails?

done, but now there is another error message

Code:
    import pmmcli
    import pmmcli_session
    import migration_handler
ImportError: No module named migration_handler

Try (re)installing migration manager using the autoinstaller.

Hello I have also such a Problem. I created in Plesk (12.0.18 Update #44) Backupmanager a server configuration and content backup. When I try to download the backup, then I get the following error:
Fehler: export-dump-as-file error (Error code = 1): == STDOUT ==================== ============================== == STDERR ==================== UNIVERSAL->import is deprecated and will be removed in a future perl at (eval 25) line 3. UNIVERSAL->import is deprecated and will be removed in a future perl at /opt/psa/PMM/agents/shared/IPC/Run.pm line 1060. UNIVERSAL->import is deprecated and will be removed in a future perl at /opt/psa/PMM/agents/shared/IPC/Run/IO.pm line 78. UNIVERSAL->import is deprecated and will be removed in a future perl at /opt/psa/PMM/agents/shared/IPC/Run/Timer.pm line 161. terminate called after throwing an instance of 'plesk::RepositoryException' Aborted (core dumped) [17836]: 2015-04-27 12:55:02 ERROR 292d963d-e36b-4198-8f1b-36fbc3e36961 Can't export file 'backup_info_1504271437.xml' to /tmp/dump8EBu8Y.tar. Error code: 134 [17836]: 2015-04-27 12:55:02 ERROR c299ef72-a1a1-4456-8468-11c472e39dfc The export have been made successfully but can not be exported because of errors above. Runtime error: Export dump failed at /opt/psa/admin/bin/plesk_agent_manager line 976. [17836]: 2015-04-27 12:55:02 ERROR b7104c6b-1e88-434d-8ee0-3791f9022c02 Runtime error: Export dump failed at /opt/psa/admin/bin/plesk_agent_manager line 976. : at /opt/psa/PMM/agents/shared/Logging.pm line 100, line 2. Logging::error('Runtime error: Export dump failed at /opt/psa/admin/bin/plesk...', 'fatal') called at /opt/psa/admin/bin/plesk_agent_manager line 1123 main::__ANON__('Error::Simple=HASH(0x30b0560)', 'SCALAR(0x22c3da8)') called at /usr/share/perl5/Error.pm line 340 eval {...} called at /usr/share/perl5/Error.pm line 330 Error::subs::run_clauses('HASH(0x2fc3188)', 'Export dump failed at /opt/psa/admin/bin/plesk_agent_manager ...', undef, 'ARRAY(0x22c4348)') called at /usr/share/perl5/Error.pm line 427 Error::subs::try('CODE(0x13378c0)', 'HASH(0x2fc3188)') called at /opt/psa/admin/bin/plesk_agent_manager line 1125 main::main() called at /opt/psa/admin/bin/plesk_agent_manager line 1129 ==============================

Any idea what to do?

Thanks!

Aborted (core dumped) [17836]: 2015-04-27 12:55:02 ERROR 292d963d-e36b-4198-8f1b-36fbc3e36961 Can't export file 'backup_info_1504271437.xml' to /tmp/dump8EBu8Y.tar.

Did you probably change the backup - location? ( "/etc/psa/psa.conf" ) and added an ending slash to your location? The backup - locations should always be defined as for example:
DUMP_D /backup_location

Hi, no I did not change the backup location. Should I? Backup is successfully created in default var/lib/psa/dumps/ - only downloading does throw this error.

Last edited:
Hi umarcel,

if you didn't change the location, you might check if the file "psa.conf" exists ( which might not be the case with a standard installation, because there might only be a file "psa.conf.default", which has to be renamed to "psa.conf" in order to define some standards ). If the file "psa.conf" exists, please check the settings:
Code:
# Backups directory
DUMP_D /var/lib/psa/dumps
DUMP_TMP_D /tmp

In some ( very rare ) cases, the "Plesk backup manager" might be corrupted and you should re-install the package. Download the package ( depending on your operating system ) from "http://autoinstall.plesk.com/" ( Example for Plesk 12.0.18 - CentOS 6, x86_64: http://autoinstall.plesk.com/PSA_12...ager-11.5.0-cos6.build120140331.11.x86_64.rpm ) and re-install it with the command: "rpm -Uvh psa-backup-manager-11.5.0-cos6.build120140331.11.x86_64.rpm --force".

Hi psa.conf exists and has this entries. I have Ubuntu 14.04 LTS Server 64bit + Plesk 12.0 (now 12.0.18 Update #44). Like I already wrote does backup creation successfully work. Only downloading gets this problems. Also upload of backup_info_xxx.xml to FTP-Repository fails. So you think Backup manager could be corrupted? Perl installation is not the problem - because of the error message? (I also did server update and upgrate without resolving the problem). Maybe I should try to reinstall it...Hope I get this well done. Command should be the same for Ubuntu, right?
I don't find the backup manager in: http://autoinstall.plesk.com/PSA_12.0.18/dist-deb-Ubuntu-14.04-x86_64/contrib/ ?
Thank for your time! :)

Last edited:
Hi umarcel,

actually, I only found "http://autoinstall.plesk.com/PSA_12.0.18/dist-deb-Ubuntu-10.04-x86_64/contrib/psa-backup-manager_11.5.0-ubuntu10.04.build120140331.11_amd64.deb" for Ubuntu - so please wait for a response of a Odin/Parallels Team Member to answer the question about the correct version for Ubuntu 14.04.

No, the commands are different, when using Ubuntu/Debian. After downloading a deb - file, you would use:

sudo dpkg -i --force-depends package_name.deb
or
sudo dpkg -i --force-all package_name.deb

... to force the packet-installer "dpkg" to ignore dependencies and over-install the desired package.

Yes, I understood in the first place, that you only had the issue, when downloading the file(s), but my experience and the investigations of your provided log points to issues with the path:
Aborted (core dumped) [17836]: 2015-04-27 12:55:02 ERROR 292d963d-e36b-4198-8f1b-36fbc3e36961 Can't export file 'backup_info_1504271437.xml' to /tmp/dump8EBu8Y.tar.

What exact output of

# grep DUMP_D /etc/psa/psa.conf

do you have? Try to set it to /tmp if there is other path.

Also make sure that you have enough free disk space and inodes for this partition.

Ok I now changed the "DUMP_TMP_D" from "/tmp" to "/var/tmp" and created the backup again. But downloading still gives meerror_plesk.jpg
I thought the /tmp dir could be to small for this export and /var/tmp should be big enough, but no luck. :(

In /var/tmp now I can see the dumpBwMaBp.tar with size 0 and the dir "/repo_transport_tmp_dD9C2B" with all subdata (/.discovered,/databases,/sites,-> /var/lib/psa/dump~nf_1505031208.tgz,*backup_immobilien-~nfo_1505031208.xml,-> /var/lib/psa/dump~gs_1505031208.tgz,...).

What could I still try now?
Or is the backup manager corrupted?

Last edited:
Back