• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Server setup recommendations

laughingbuddha

Regular Pleskian
Hi,

I'm currently running a single server, and have all dns and nameservers on the same box (multi-ips).

Now this doesn't have any level of redundency (does run RAID 1 and has redundent PSU's), if the server died I'm buggered. Also there's no load balancing as there's only one server. Currently runs ASL for security, SHH port is locked down to just 3 IPs, and only runs 10 light usage sites, no database action but some audio streams/downloads. About 5.2GB data transferr a month on one of the sites which has the audio streams/downloads.

I'm, building a project at the moment that I expect/hope will generate some good traffic when it finally launches. I'm developing it on a VPS with webfusion, but want to go dedicated with it. It is database happy, as all content and loggins, and hit tracking comes from/into the database. MySQL and PHP are my weapons of choice for this project.

I'm also a newbie when it comes to linux, and this server which I've been running for 6 months is the only time I've ever used linux apart from my vps which I've had for 2 years or more. Past servers I've looked after or built have been Windows Server NT4 and up.

Any sugestions with a correct server setup/layout that is expandable with some level of redundency?

Many thanks,

Matt

Back