• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Service Plan with SSL/TLS Support on in Hosting Params has no effect

BigD213

New Pleskian
I have created a "Service Plan" with the option for "SSL/TLS support" checked, which is found under the "Hosting Settings".

When I create a new subscription with my Service Plan - all of the settings are applied to the new subscription EXCEPT for the checked option for "SSL/TLS support" which is found under the "Hosting Settings".

Plesk Onyx - CentOS Linux 7.6.1810 (Core)‬
Version 17.8.11 Update #68, last updated on Sept 17, 2019 03:46 AM

option for "SSL/TLS support"
This option allows setting up SSL/TLS encryption on websites hosted within the subscription. You cannot install the certificate or what problem follows from this?

When "SSL/TLS support" is checked, I can manually browse to Example Domain and the connection will be secured with Plesk self-signed certificate, as shown here:

plesk-ssl.png

When "SSL/TLS support" is checked - I can see the website that I built.

When "SSL/TLS support" is NOT checked - I see the Plesk Default page:

plesk-no-ssl.png

All I need to do to resolve the problem is Check the box for "SSL/TLS support" - it is just tedious to do this for every website that I build when I am already applying the Service Plan to each subscription.

I can't reproduce this issue.
When "SSL/TLS support" option is enabled in Service Plan, subscription created with this Service Plan also has this option enabled in Hosting Settings.
I'd suggest you contact Plesk Support Team for checking this issue directly on your server.

It appears that this only happens when creating the hosting using the Plesk API with the following XML:

<packet version="1.6.9.0">
<webspace>
<add>
<gen_setup>
<name>$newurl</name>
<htype>vrt_hst</htype>
<ip_address>$toip</ip_address>
<status>0</status>
</gen_setup>
<hosting>
<vrt_hst>
<property>
<name>ftp_login</name>
<value>$ftplogin</value>
</property>
<property>
<name>ftp_password</name>
<value>$ftppw</value>
</property>
<property>
<name>ssl</name>
<value>false</value>
</property>
<ip_address>$toip</ip_address>
</vrt_hst>
</hosting>
<plan-name>thisone</plan-name>
</add>
</webspace>
</packet>

I have tried this on multiple servers with different Plesk installs, and the problem persists with all servers. I cannot reproduce the issue when I use the Plesk UI to create the new hosting.

Please try to reproduce this issue by creating the hosting with Plesk API as described here: Creating a Subscription

Aren't you confused by the presence of this property:

Code:
<property>
<name>ssl</name>
<value>false</value>
</property>

?

Back