• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Issue set new admin password for nextcloud instance

ppliessnig

New Pleskian
Hello

I needed to change the admin password in a nextcloud instance.
Now the 'Log In' in the Plesk Nextcloud Extension can't login anymore. It simply shows the login page.

How do I teach the Nextcloud Extension to use the new admin password.

Thx
Patrick

Hey all,

I know this is a bit late to chime in on this, but thought this would be useful to a lot of people. If you have used NextCloud Module for Plesk to install your instance on NextCloud and have forgotten your password. The easiest method I have found to fix this is, go to the hosting space/domain that is holding the nextcloud instance, from here go to the databases, then go into the phpmyadmin for the nextcloud instance.

In here there is a table called oc_preferences.

If you create a new row with the values:

Putting your email as the configvalue, you will now be able to use the password reset function in nextcloud.

Hope this helps.

Hello

I needed to change the admin password in a nextcloud instance.
Now the 'Log In' in the Plesk Nextcloud Extension can't login anymore. It simply shows the login page.

How do I teach the Nextcloud Extension to use the new admin password.

Thx
Patrick
I have the same problem and recently I've found out, that the extenstion is trying to login with the inition account every 10 minutes. It means this spams the log with warnings and at some point, depending on your security settings, the account gets disabled.
I coundn't find any sollution so far. The Nextcoud extension doesn't seem to have any way to configure it, not even in the command line.

Unfortunately when you change password in Nextcloud directly, Nextcloud does not notify Plesk about password changes, and/or passing the password elsewhere. The password in the oc_users table of the NC database is hashed with argon2, hence Plesk cannot decrypt it. This means that once password has been changed from Nextcloud, autologin from Plesk will no longer be available. As workaround, I can only suggest updating password manually in /usr/local/psa/var/modules/nextcloud/nextcloud.sqlite3, instances table to get autologinAction() working:
  1. Backup /usr/local/psa/var/modules/nextcloud/nextcloud.sqlite3 just in case.
  2. Check and update password here:
sqlite3 /usr/local/psa/var/modules/nextcloud/nextcloud.sqlite3
sqlite> .headers on
select id,ncUser,ncPass from instances;

Unfortunately when you change password in Nextcloud directly, Nextcloud does not notify Plesk about password changes, and/or passing the password elsewhere. The password in the oc_users table of the NC database is hashed with argon2, hence Plesk cannot decrypt it. This means that once password has been changed from Nextcloud, autologin from Plesk will no longer be available. As workaround, I can only suggest updating password manually in /usr/local/psa/var/modules/nextcloud/nextcloud.sqlite3, instances table to get autologinAction() working:
  1. Backup /usr/local/psa/var/modules/nextcloud/nextcloud.sqlite3 just in case.
  2. Check and update password here:
Thank you!! I didn't know how to change the password in the database, so I simply set the original password in NC. Problem solved. :)

Back