• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Setting up Mailserver and MX Records

Sanjay Vig

New Pleskian
I have a plesk server running at svig.me so by default my mail servers are also hosted at svig.me right?

I recently changed my hostname from svig.me to host.svig.me and I did the same in plesk admin panel and /etc/postfix/main.cf (I change myhostname = host.svig.me).

Now that I have multiple domains on this host and their mail servers are same as their domain name as well, I want to know what should be the MX records for these domains?

Hi Sanjay Vig,

you have to add the corresponding A - DNS - entry for your new hostname "host" over the Control Panel of your domain provider to the domain "svig.me", because at the moment, the result for your new hostname is:

I want to know what should be the MX records for these domains?
These entries don't have to be modified!

You just should modify the SPF - TXT - entry, which is currently setup to ( example for the domain "svig.me" ):
Code:
v=spf1 +a +mx +a:svig.me -all
... to an entry like:
Code:
v=spf1 mx a +a:host.svig.me ip4:45.79.88.51 ?all
... to avoid issues/errors/problems. ;)

Hi Sanjay Vig,

you have to add the corresponding A - DNS - entry for your new hostname "host" over the Control Panel of your domain provider to the domain "svig.me", because at the moment, the result for your new hostname is:

These entries don't have to be modified!

You just should modify the SPF - TXT - entry, which is currently setup to ( example for the domain "svig.me" ):
Code:
v=spf1 +a +mx +a:svig.me -all
... to an entry like:
Code:
v=spf1 mx a +a:host.svig.me ip4:45.79.88.51 ?all
... to avoid issues/errors/problems. ;)

I changed my hostname back to svig.me. Actually, emails from facebook/instagram were getting delayed and some of them were getting dropped. So I went on changing the DNS provider for my Linode instance. Do you know any good DNS providers which are free?

Back