• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Sitebuilder and 2nd, 3rd, etc Level Pages...

NeuroPsyche

Regular Pleskian
Is there anyway to be able to create 2nd or even deeper pages in Sitebuilder?

It seems so easy, and would have been so easy for the engineers of Sitebuilder to be able to code it that one could create 2nd level or deeper pages, pages within pages, etc in Sitebuilder. The program seems as if it was wrote to be really 'virtual'.

One other thing... Does anyone have any issues with Sitebuilder in regards to possible program bugs? I get time-outs all the time when I'm working in Sitebuilder>Edit or basically anywhere where I'm writing a page. I often have to move from level to level, page to page, just to get Sitebuilder to ask me to Save so i dont loose my work. I've lost hrs of work on pages because I was just too deep in the programming and didnt' move around to save and timed-out. Then I wind up back at square one, and Sitebuilder asking me what site I want to start/design/pages/edit, etc...

We're planning to add multi-level sitemap support in future versions.
Regarding your time-out problem - this isn't normal behavior. Try to increase timeout value of request processing in IIS settings.

Neuro, I have only had one problem like that so far, (not including the bug where you can't verify until after you've published at least in an environment without Plesk.) At one point I went back to do some more work to a site and the system considered me as a new user or something as it started the site all over again from scratch. So I lost the work I had done the first time. I got one of the similar errors to the publishing errors. So I think you do have to save often and be careful when going back to the wizard to make sure it isn't automatically starting you with a new site.

I'm hoping the next released version will have a fix for that as it would tee off my customers big time.

Increasing the IIS timeout did the job!
We can be in Sitebuilder now for about 10 minutes without having to move around to save, and we're NOT loosing our work now after increasing the IIS timeout manually.
Thanks for the advise!

Oh please, let Sitebuilder create more than 1 layer deep pages.
In the programming, it would seem to me to be such a simple thing to write. Displaying the site tree on the other hand might cause some display problems, but thats what the horizontal slide bar is for, to move to the right or left :)

Thank you again and if you have anything to do with the writing of the code, or know the people that do it, allowing more than 1 layer deep will truly advance Sitebuilder into a more operative editor. It already is quite incredable.

Back