• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

SmarterMail 9.2 with Plesk 10.4

B

BizzNetS

We are using SmarterMail Ent. 9.2 with Plesk 10.4
Till now SM was running with its own webserver. But since chat function did not work with SM internal server, we switched SM to IIS 7.
After switching, smartermail is working but its connection with plesk has broken.
When we try to connect Plesk Mail Server component with SM it gives an error "Error: Some fields are empty or contain an improper value."

Any helpful suggestion on how to resolve this issue ?

Thanks

Ditto

I receive the same error when attempting to Configure the newly installed and recognized SmarterMail Component.

Note: Stopping the site in IIS and reverting back to using the built-in SmarterMail Web Server service allows Plesk configuration to succeed.

This is undesirable as IIS is surely a more reliable web server than SmarterMail's.

We had our data center (server provider) contact Parallels Support. They said Officially Plesk 10.4 is not compatible with SM 9. Seeing no further explanation or support, we reverted back to SM's inbuilt server and things started working again.

I've been running SM 9.2 with Plesk 10.4

I've been running SmarterMail 9.xx in II7 since it came out in January 2012 with no problems. I make all email accounts, alias, forwarding address etc, in Plesk and all works fine. I've found that if anything can be done in the Plesk control panel that manages SM, then it needs to be done in Plesk. If a setting is not available in Plesk, then it needs to be done in SM. If you attempt to make any changes in SM that can be managed by Plesk, it breaks a portion of the syncing between the two programs. Then I have to turn everything off in the Plesk management console on the Windows server, stop II7, restart all and rebind the two programs.

I'm running a dedicated server at HostGator and they say that SM 9 is not supported, but I had so many issues with 8 on that server that when 9 came out, I just went ahead and upgraded. That solved all my problems. Anytime a tech says I can't run 9, I just refer him to the 20 or so support tickets about version 8 and they leave me alone.

I'm wondering if the above threads are new installs of 9 or upgrades from 8 and that's how I got things to talk. Either way, it can be done and it's been running just fine for the last 7 months.

Back