• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Some WordPress plugins got 403 errors

bmalkoc

Basic Pleskian
Hello. I did fresh install Plesk Obsidian Web Admin Se Edition Version 18.0.42 Update #1 But some plugins got 403 forbidden errors.

Plesk: Obsidian Web Admin Se Edition Version 18.0.42 Update #1
Server: Nginx
PHP: 8.1.4 Fpm App. by nginx.

Here is Rank Math Pro error:
screenshot 2022-03-31 16.28.01.png

Here is Elementor Pro error:
screenshot 2022-03-31 16.30.05.png

I also tried, Proxy mode, Php 7.4 Fpm and Fastcgi. I don't know what can i do more to fix this problems.

Solution:
Check your error_log (icon ("logs")) for ModSecurity errors and code 403. In the error description you will find a ModSecurity rule ID. Add the ID to the "Web Application Firewall" rule exclusions list. There could be more than one ID. Add them all.

"no such file or directory" --> The physical location does not exist and an .htaccess rule is missing to simulate the path or a rule exists but is not used because Nginx-only hosting is used.

Maybe you should first check whether the files and directories exist physically on the server?
If these exist, do they have correct permissions and owners so that the web server can access them? E.g. group read/write permissions?
Then you could check if .htaccess rules are needed to operate your widget and if these have been implemented.
Then you could check whether you are using Apache PHP and Apache hosting ("proxy mode" in Nginx/Apache webhosting settings). If not, activate it, because else .htaccess won't take effect.

Maybe you should first check whether the files and directories exist physically on the server?
If these exist, do they have correct permissions and owners so that the web server can access them? E.g. group read/write permissions?
Then you could check if .htaccess rules are needed to operate your widget and if these have been implemented.
Then you could check whether you are using Apache PHP and Apache hosting ("proxy mode" in Nginx/Apache webhosting settings). If not, activate it, because else .htaccess won't take effect.
I don't think it has anything to do with Plesk.

I fixed with this nginx custom config.

Code:
if (!-e $request_filename){
    rewrite ^(.*)$ /index.php break;
}

Back