• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Statistics report errors for mailingslists

MeaC

New Pleskian
When executing "statistics" these errors occur:
# /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/statistics

WARNING during statistics_collector execution: : statistics_collector: Unable to get dir size of /var/lib/mailman/lists/14
System error 2: No such file or directory
statistics_collector: Unable to get dir size of /var/lib/mailman/archives/private/14.mbox
statistics_collector: Unable to get dir size of /var/lib/mailman/archives/private/14

There seems to be some mismatch between what the directory is expected to be and what it really is:
# ls /var/lib/mailman/archives/private/

mailman
mailman.mbox
test
test.mbox

So, although the mailinglist "test" has the ID "14", its directory is not called "14" but "test" and "test.mbox".

The error is reproducible with:
* create a new mailinglist
* run "/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/statistics"

Plesk: 11.0.9 Update #10

Last edited:
CentOS 6.2 x86_64
Plesk 11.0.9 Update 13

I have exactly the same error.
I can see in /var/log/messages:
Sep 13 00:02:43 host3 statistics: Unable to get dir size of /var/lib/mailman/lists/1
Sep 13 00:02:43 host3 statistics: Unable to get dir size of /var/lib/mailman/archives/private/1.mbox
Sep 13 00:02:43 host3 statistics: Unable to get dir size of /var/lib/mailman/archives/private/1
Sep 13 00:03:31 host3 statistics: Unable to get dir size of /var/lib/mailman/lists/3
Sep 13 00:03:31 host3 statistics: Unable to get dir size of /var/lib/mailman/archives/private/3.mbox
Sep 13 00:03:31 host3 statistics: Unable to get dir size of /var/lib/mailman/archives/private/3
Sep 13 00:03:31 host3 statistics: Unable to get dir size of /var/lib/mailman/lists/5
Sep 13 00:03:31 host3 statistics: Unable to get dir size of /var/lib/mailman/archives/private/5.mbox
Sep 13 00:03:31 host3 statistics: Unable to get dir size of /var/lib/mailman/archives/private/5
but these numbers(folders) at the end are the ids of the mailing lists.
Those folders do not exist, because plesk creates folders in /var/lib/mailman/lists/ and /var/lib/mailman/archives/private/ using the names of the lists, not their ids.

That causes statistics not to get updated.

any update on this issue?

I have Centos 6.4 within plesk 11.0.9 Update #41 and still this issue exists

statistics_collector: Unable to get dir size of /var/lib/mailman/archives/private/6.mbox
statistics_collector: Unable to get dir size of /var/lib/mailman/archives/private/6

Any news?
I'm meanwhile at Debian 6.0.7 with Plesk 11.0.9 Update #44 and still have errors:

Mar 28 06:35:34 xx statistics: Unable to get dir size of /var/lib/mailman/lists/11
Mar 28 06:35:34 xx statistics: Unable to get dir size of /var/lib/mailman/archives/private/11.mbox
Mar 28 06:35:34 xx statistics: Unable to get dir size of /var/lib/mailman/archives/private/11
Mar 28 06:35:34 xx statistics: Unable to get dir size of /var/lib/mailman/lists/12
Mar 28 06:35:34 xx statistics: Unable to get dir size of /var/lib/mailman/archives/private/12.mbox
Mar 28 06:35:34 xx statistics: Unable to get dir size of /var/lib/mailman/archives/private/12

Yes, we confirm this bug. It is already reported (#133086) and under investigation now.

Hey,

can I see somewhere the progress of #133086 - because it still exist and I am on 11.0.9 Update #48

This bug has been completely fixed in upcoming Plesk 11.5

Back