• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Strange backup behaviour

arjanvr

New Pleskian
Hello,

I have 2 vps machines and I backup the one to the other using FTP. This was all working fine but it took way too long and the backup would take down my server so I decided not to backup the mail which is 20GB which only leaves me with the webfiles which are 11.5GB.\

Now everyday I backup to the external ftp location I get an error (I removed the domainname from the error below btw)

"The following error occurred while creating the scheduled backup:

pmm-ras failed (Error code = 1): Repository error: Failed to read backup backup_domainnamehere_2112232205.tar: Import error: Unable to find archive metadata. The archive is not valid Plesk backup or has been created in an unsupported Plesk version"

Now when I look into my backup on the backend it shows 2 files.. one is the old size and one is the new size

undefined 2021-12-23 23:54 Scheduled backup. All settings and content, except mail. In de opslag:FTP 11.7 GB
undefined 2021-12-23 22:05 In de opslag:FTP 31.7 GB

When i login ftp it shows the 33GB backup and a 12GB but this is not possible as the 33GB backup is active and normally it takes far longer to create it so I am pretty sure that backup is faulty..

any clues what is going on here?

Perhaps its better to remove all planned backups and just make a new one as now I can only enable /disable backups but they remain in the scheduled backup list.. how can I clear that so it's empty and I can start over with planning backups

You're making it hard for your self, just use the Dropbox or Google Drive Plesk extensions and use the cost of the second VPS to subscribe to any of these services 100GB plan and remove your second VPS and start backing up your files without managing and maintaining another server.

Is it possible to remove all backup plans as I can view them from an plugin but I don't see the option to remove.

Strato where I have the vps also offers hidrive so I could also use that. But I think first I need my backup plans cleared and readded

Thank you

Back