• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Supported SmarterMail versions for Plesk CP 7.6.1

MichaelCa

New Pleskian
I've got an older server with Plesk Control Panel v7.6.1 and SmarterMail Server 3.1.2305. I would like to know the latest version of SmarterMail supported by this Control Panel.

Please note, updating the version of the control panel is not an option at this time.

Thank you,

SmarterMail has a stable API - should work fine

I am Jeff Hardy from SmarterTools--the makers of SmarterMail.

We got our start in the hosting industry. This means that both automation and multi-tennency are in our DNA. SmarterMail has a very robust and well-documented API. We do not change things becasue doing so means headaches for thousands of our hosting customers and millions of mailboxes. So, from our perspective, an older version of Plesk should be able to call into any newer version of SmarterMail--even the latest 8.x--without major issue.

In short, if you have automation set up for SmarterMail 5.x or 6.x they should work as expected in SmarterMail 8.x.

The guys at Parallels may want to chime in here, but I hope that this helps.

You can find our complete API documentation for SmarterMail in our Automation with Web Services white paper on our SmarterMail Resources page.

Be well.

Back