• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question The infamous plesk NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID error

seandex

New Pleskian
No one wants to use
xxxxx.xx.xxxx.plesk.page as hostname.

even though I change the hostname, updated fqdn, even hostname from server module setting, updated rdns

I have been re-issuing 4 times, and will not do anymore due to the restriction penalty would trigger.

the default xxxxx.xx.xxxx.plesk.page as the hostname in the certificate doesn't want to go away.

strongly suggest asking the user to SET hostname instead of giving us a random hostname before Plesk doing something like a secure domain in the fresh installation.

now I can't log back into plesk:8443

Your connection is not private
Attackers might be trying to steal your information from www.xxxxx.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards).

it doesn't even give me the option to ignore the error

what should I do? And why is Plesk getting this issue from many users?

The idea of the temporary hostname is exactly to have a valid certificate for the address.
When Let's Encrypt extension is installed (a typical configuration), a certificate is expected to be issued.
Could you please help us to find the reason for the failure: why did the certificate request fail? Are there any messages in panel.log?
Would you mind sharing (in a direct message) the IP address of your server?

Back