• The new Python extension is now available. It allows customers to deploy and manage WSGI-based Python applications on their websites directly from Plesk.
  • Debian 11 has reached its end-of-life (vendor EOL date - August 31, 2026). Plesk Obsidian 18.0.81 is the last release to support it.
    If you are running Plesk Obsidian on Debian 11, we recommend you upgrade those servers to Debian 12 using our dist-upgrade tool.
  • We plan to deprecate and remove the support for XML RPC protocol versions earlier than 1.6.9.1 in Plesk Obsidian 18.0.82. We strongly recommend that you update all existing integrations using earlier versions of the XML RPC protocol to comply with the version 1.6.9.1 specification.

Tips for moving domain?

Z

zboyblue

Guest
I am almost ready to move all my domains from my old Plesk server to the new 7.5.2 server. I have one domain in particular that gets a LOT of mail (at least several messages every few seconds). What would be the BEST way to move this domain to the new server without loosing any mail or clients downloading duplicates?

I planned on using Migrator for the job and then I was going to go into the DNS settings on the old server and point everything to the new server. Then I was going to go to the registrar and make the change and once the change is completely propogated I can bring the old sever down. Tell me if any of that sounds wrong but also tell me how in all of this am I going to stop mail from being delivered to the old server while I am making the move (and also after the move, won't some mail servers still have the old IP cached?)

Let me know your thoughts.

Craig
 
Back
Top