• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Transfer ALL FILES From Plesk 6.5.2 to 7.0.2

B

BillChang

Hello,
How can we transfer all our clients from one server(Plesk 6.5.2 running, We were not admin on this server) to Plesk 7.0.2(we are admin on this server) ?

As far as I know, the migration tool is needed, but this only runs as part of the 6.5 to 7 upgrade. So you would need to do something like...

Backup Plesk 6.5
Create a test server running 6.5
Restore the backup
Upgrade to 7
backup Plesk 7
Restore on the production machine

You will need license keys for both 6.5 and 7. If you have a support contract and you ask nicely to onlinesales then they might send you temporary keys lasting 2 weeks.

Cheers, Julian

But 6.5.2 is not my server. I am only a clinet who has 50 domains(my clients). Now we have a dedicated server PLESK 7 and we want to transfer all clients from 6.5.2 to 7.0.2
Thanks for your help by the way.

The important step here is 'create a test server'.

By this I mean a spare machine on/under your desk - not hosted - that you can wipe/rebuild as you like.

If you have a server with 50 domains then it is a good idea to have a test server. Then you can test all software upgrades on the test server before running them in production. Not just Plesk but applications like Forum, e-commerce etc. This reduces the risk of screwing up your live server and is particularly important if you're developing your own scripts.

Its some work at the beginning but you will not regret it.

Cheers, Julian

Okey. I think now I got the point. I can do this :)

Thanks for your help.

Back