• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

transfer servers

Z

zacwitte

I'm transferring my hosting from one server to another, both are running plesk 7.5 on linux and I have root access to both. What is the best way to move over all email, databases, files, settings, etc to make the transition as smooth and quick as possible?

Thanks.

Edit: perhaps 'migrate' is a more appropriate term than transfer.

OK after more and more searching I think I can use some complicated combination of the psadump and psa restore utilities, but I'm not entirely confident using them especially with something so sensetive as this.

This is from the FAQ:
Simultaneous backup/restore

Combining the two previously described techniques allows to execute the simultaneous backup/restore of a Plesk server. This could be very useful when you need to work (make an upgrade or a similar operation) on your machine that is currently employed under Plesk but you wish to decrease the idle time as much as possible. In such case you can simply enough migrate Plesk from one machine to another.

ssh root@remotehost '/usr/local/psa/bin/psadump -f - --nostop' | /usr/local/psa/bin/psarestore -f - -m my_ip_map_file -s my_shells_map_file

This command is executed from the server that I'm transferring TO (the new, blank machine), correct?

And since I'm accessing the new server from my local workstation via ssh I want to make sure that things won't get killed if I'm unexpectedly disconnected. I don't think backgrounding the task is enough. Any suggestions?

Back