• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Unable to install memcached on Plesk Onyx

Zoinkz

New Pleskian
Hello,

I am using a server which has Ubuntu 14.04 LTS by default and has MySQL 5.5 I have done following upgrades.
-- Mysql 5.5 >> 5.6 >> 5.7
-- Plesk 12.5 to Plesk 17.0 onyx using port 8447

I have problem is that I am unable to install memcached on php 7.1 (used as Nginx FPM). I want to use memcached with Wordpress with W3 Total Cache to speed up loadtimes,

I have tried tons of guides available for Debian, also the ones posted on this forum. But they do not work.

Also, I have read that I can run memcached using Docker but still there is no tutorial available.

I would be really grateful if someone provides me SSH commands for memcached that works on Wordpress.

I have already reinstalled my server's image about 7 times hoping to get it fixed

The common errors I receive after trying different procedures:

- unable to locate libmemcached11
- docker memcached image after setting proxy port (it broke down my site - bad gateway error)
- one time installation completed but memcached did not show up in php module list (W3 total cache didnt detect either)

I am willing to give a few more chance before I say good bye to memcached :'(

Try to install memcached as it is described in this thread - Resolved - php7 and memcached - again

root@serv:~# yum install make plesk-php70-devel gcc glibc-devel libmemcached-devel zlib-devel git
There are no enabled repos.
Run "yum repolist all" to see the repos you have.
You can enable repos with yum-config-manager --enable <repo>
root@serv:~#

I am running Ubuntu 14.04 - Do CentOS CLI commands work on Debian?

I am running Ubuntu 14.04 - Do CentOS CLI commands work on Debian?
For Ubuntu you should use apt-get package manager instead of yum.
Names of installed packages also may be different for Ubuntu. You need to find appropriate names.

I was able to successfully install memcached. It can be seen in PHP modules but for some reason my php application (W3 Total cache) cannot detect it.

When I try "service memcached restart" - it says unrecognized service

You have installed PHP module for communication your PHP code with Memcached service. But the corresponding service is not installed as I understand?

You have installed PHP module for communication your PHP code with Memcached service. But the corresponding service is not installed as I understand?

It said memcached service is not running. So I went ahead and did "apt-get install memcached" - Now it is being detected.

But I fear I have installed older version of it (2.x.x) which does not support PHP 7.1

Is there any way I can make sure I have installed everything correctly?

But I fear I have installed older version of it (2.x.x) which does not support PHP 7.1
Do you mean PHP module?
For service, it doesn't matter which module version communicate with it.

You can compare it with output of phpinfo() of my own project with working memcached :)

Screen Shot 2017-05-16 at 10.38.29.png

Hi Zoinkz,

In addition, you are as well able to install another memcached version, which is compatible with the corresponding PHP version, by using the memcached VERSION in your "pecl" - command:

Examples ( with compatible memcached - versions ):
Code:
/opt/plesk/php/5.2/bin/pecl install memcached-2.2.0
/opt/plesk/php/5.3/bin/pecl install memcached-2.2.0
/opt/plesk/php/5.4/bin/pecl install memcached-2.2.0
/opt/plesk/php/5.5/bin/pecl install memcached-2.2.0
/opt/plesk/php/5.6/bin/pecl install memcached-2.2.0
/opt/plesk/php/7.0/bin/pecl install memcached-3.0.3
/opt/plesk/php/7.1/bin/pecl install memcached-3.0.3

To UN-install an already installed package with "pecl", you would use a command like:
Code:
pecl uninstall PACKAGE-NAME

Back