• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Unable to migrate

Geertjuhh

New Pleskian
Hi Guys,

I try to migrate from a Plesk Obsidian v18.0.35_build1800210526.11 os_CentO7 To a new Plesk Obsidian v18.0.35_build1800210526.11 os_CentOS 8 server. But I get an error each time I try to migrate. I've set up a SSH key, the connection seems to be ok: Successfully connected to 'xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx' by SSH.
After the connection I get an error :

Failed to fetch basic information about resellers, clients and domains data from source servers Cause: Command execution failed on the local server with non-zero exit code. command: rsync -l --chmod=Fu=rw,Du=rwx,go= --timeout=30 -e 'ssh -i /usr/local/psa/var/modules/panel-migrator/sessions/20210610134159/ssh-keys/id_rsa.xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx -p 22 -o PasswordAuthentication=no -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no -o GSSAPIAuthentication=no' /usr/local/psa/var/modules/panel-migrator/sessions/20210610134159/agent-config.source.json [email protected]:/root/plesk_migrator/plesk_migrator-mxp6lu8vtmb6x5ekano8lu0ojx6z9rp0/pmm_agent/config.json exit code: 30 stdout: stderr: [sender] io timeout after 30 seconds -- exiting rsync error: timeout in data send/receive (code 30) at io.c(195) [sender=3.1.3] That is a critical error, migration was stopped.

I've searched on the forum and tried multiple possible solutions, but I still get this error.
Does somebody know a solutions for this?

Kind regards,
Geert

hello @Geertjuhh ,

are you using fail2ban? if yes, please check that IP of your destination server is whitelisted at the source server.

@Geertjuhh ,

could you please try to execute rsync command with all options manually (I suppose at the source server, but not sure) ?
Code:
rsync -l --chmod=Fu=rw,Du=rwx,go= --timeout=30 -e 'ssh -i /usr/local/psa/var/modules/panel-migrator/sessions/20210610134159/ssh-keys/id_rsa.xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx -p 22 -o PasswordAuthentication=no -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no -o GSSAPIAuthentication=no' /usr/local/psa/var/modules/panel-migrator/sessions/20210610134159/agent-config.source.json [email protected]:/root/plesk_migrator/plesk_migrator-mxp6lu8vtmb6x5ekano8lu0ojx6z9rp0/pmm_agent/config.json

@Geertjuhh ,

could you please try to execute rsync command with all options manually (I suppose at the source server, but not sure) ?
Code:
rsync -l --chmod=Fu=rw,Du=rwx,go= --timeout=30 -e 'ssh -i /usr/local/psa/var/modules/panel-migrator/sessions/20210610134159/ssh-keys/id_rsa.xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx -p 22 -o PasswordAuthentication=no -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no -o GSSAPIAuthentication=no' /usr/local/psa/var/modules/panel-migrator/sessions/20210610134159/agent-config.source.json [email protected]:/root/plesk_migrator/plesk_migrator-mxp6lu8vtmb6x5ekano8lu0ojx6z9rp0/pmm_agent/config.json
Hi Nik,

I've tried:
rsync error: timeout in data send/receive (code 30) at io.c(195) [sender=3.1.3]

did you try to increase timeout, let's say to 120 ?

when rsync is executed, do you see this connection at the host where you are trying to connect to ?

Hi Nik,

When I execute the command I don't see a connection between the servers. When I start the migration tool, there is a connection:
ESTAB 0 84 192.168.3.99:ssh (This server is internal in my own network) xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:36930 (this is the remote server)

Hi Nik,

Still the same issue.
When I check the GUI of the remote server it gets stuck on
Migrations queue -
Overall - Remove temporary SSH keys

After that I will receive te error. Could it be some r/w issue on the ~/.ssh/ ?

so, did I understand you correctly: rsync does not work even if you remove SSH public key options from the command and use PasswordAuthentication=yes ?

>Could it be some r/w issue on the ~/.ssh/ ?
I don't think so. in this case it should return an error without any timeouts.

[root@server2 ~]# rsync -l --chmod=Fu=rw,Du=rwx,go= --timeout=30 -e 'ssh -i /usr/local/psa/var/modules/panel-migrator/sessions/20210610134159/ssh-keys/id_rsa.xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx -p 22 -o PasswordAuthentication=yes -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no -o
GSSAPIAuthentication=no' /usr/local/psa/var/modules/panel-migrator/sessions/20210610134159/agent-config.source.json roo
[email protected]:/root/plesk_migrator/plesk_migrator-mxp6lu8vtmb6x5ekano8lu0ojx6z9rp0/pmm_agent/config.json
Warning: Identity file /usr/local/psa/var/modules/panel-migrator/sessions/20210610134159/ssh-keys/id_rsa.xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx not accessible: No such file or directory.

Or did I understand you wrong at this point?

Hello Geertjuhh,
Migration ssh keys exist only while migration process is active. Could you please try to test rsync without this bunch of arguments. Just try to copy anything with password authentication method or use your own keys.

'/usr/local/psa/var/modules/panel-migrator/sessions/20210610134159/ssh-keys/id_rsa.xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx' it is a path to the key you created for the migration. You created 'ssh-keys' directory in the migration directory and put the key there. Am I right?
Could you please check the debug.log in the session directory. Copying of config.json is not the first operation performed with rsync with the same the rest of arguments. Are previous copying operations successful?

Hi Guys,

First of all sorry for my late reply.
I've had to create a new server to get this working. I reinstalled my CentOS7, after that was done the migration worked flawless.

Thanks for your help all of you :)

Have a nice day

Back