• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Unable to update Plesk - without error

Just tried that, didn't work. Error:

Restore the DNS configuration file from '/var/named/chroot/etc/named.conf.default'? [Y/n] Y
Restoring the DNS configuration file
'/var/named/chroot/etc/named.conf' .............................. [2018-08-01 10:21:37.973] ERR [util_exec] proc_close() failed ['/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/filemng' 'root' 'cp' '-r' '/var/named/chroot/etc/named.conf.default' '/var/named/chroot/etc/named.conf' '--allow-root'] with exit code [1]
[FAILED]
- filemng failed: filemng: Error occurred during /bin/cp command.

Just tried that, didn't work. Error:

Restore the DNS configuration file from '/var/named/chroot/etc/named.conf.default'? [Y/n] Y
Restoring the DNS configuration file
'/var/named/chroot/etc/named.conf' .............................. [2018-08-01 10:21:37.973] ERR [util_exec] proc_close() failed ['/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/filemng' 'root' 'cp' '-r' '/var/named/chroot/etc/named.conf.default' '/var/named/chroot/etc/named.conf' '--allow-root'] with exit code [1]
[FAILED]
- filemng failed: filemng: Error occurred during /bin/cp command.
Check available free disc space:

# df -h

Upon further investigation, I can't even complete the final step of starting named-chroot.service because apparently it does not exist? I tried looking for the file
/etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/named-chroot.service -- and it does not exist. .... I am not sure why? Do I need to add this service back?

in /user/lib/systemd/system there is also no named-chroot.service there is only named.service

Edit: note that because of this, there seems to also be no /var/named/chroot folder, which is giving the error in when I run plesk repair dns...

I am not sure how to solve this issue, and I'm not sure how it occurred to begin with. We don't do anything complex on the server; I am the only server admin and I rarely modify anything because I don't know what I'm doing. Something must have happened in a system update and/or with the upgrade to Plesk Onyx yesterday.

Last edited:
Back