• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Unable to upload backups since 18.0.29

Joost de Bruijn

New Pleskian
Since the upgrade to Plesk 18.0.29 the upload of back-ups via FTP is failing:
Unable to create remote backup. Error: Unable to export backup: Curl error: Unable to finish an upload: (18) Transferred a partial file: Last FTP request: APPE backup_2008250333.tar: Last FTP response: 426 Failure reading network stream: Connection to the FTP server has lost
Unable to upload the file to the storage: Stream error: /check12/test: Curl error: Unable to finish an upload: (18) Transferred a partial file: Last FTP request: APPE test: Last FTP response: 426 Failure reading network stream: Connection to the FTP server has lost
Check if you have permissions to upload files to the storage. You can check it independently with the commands:
echo 123 | curl -T - --ftp-create-dirs -v --ftp-pasv --ssl -k -u pleskbkp 'ftp://[[server]]/automated/test-dir/test-file.txt'
curl -v --ftp-pasv --ssl -k -u pleskbkp 'ftp://[[server]]//automated/test-dir/'
I did the checks mentioned in the warning and those are not failing. Besides the upgrade of Plesk, nothing has changed in the setup of the FTP-server.

It is Plesk product bug #PPPM-12277
For resolving this issue:
  1. Install the Panel.ini Editor from the Extensions menu in Plesk.
  2. Open Panel.ini Editor at Extensions > My Extensions.
  3. In Panel.ini Editor, switch to the Editor tab and add the following into Plesk panel.ini file
    Code:
    [pmm]
    ftpForbidReuseConnection = 1

Hi
I have something that looks like the same issue.

I'm on fresh preprod server with Debian 10 and Plesk 18.0.29 Update #3
When I try to configure the remote storage settings, it takes forever and Plesk display an error message :
" This operation is taking too long. Check the results in a few minutes. "

In the Panel log I have this message :
[2020-09-10 11:56:49.351] ERR [panel.ui] Unable to upload the file to the storage: Stream error: /check10/test: Curl error: Unable to finish an upload: (28) Timeout was reached: Last FTP request: APPE test: Last FTP response: 150 File Status OK: Connection to the FTP server has lost<br />
Check if you have permissions to upload files to the storage. You can check it independently with the commands:<br />
echo 123 | curl -T - --ftp-create-dirs -v --ftp-pasv --ssl -k -u login 'ftp://XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX/backup/test-dir/test-file.txt'<br />
curl -v --ftp-pasv --ssl -k -u login 'ftp://XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX/backup/test-dir/'

=> When I check with the command given : it's working
=> I added the lines in the Panel.ini Editor : didn't change anything, still not working
=> I tried to restart Plesk and the server after editing the Panel.ini : didn't change anything, still not working

Please note that the settings are the same for 4 other servers and are working correctly with Debian 8 and Plesk 18.0.28

@IgorG : Anyone can help me ?

Thanks

- Do you have enough space on the target? The "Connection ... lost" message sometimes appears when there is not enough space left on the target to store the whole file.
- Is the number of connections that can exist at the same time to the target limited?

Hi Peter

Thanks for your answer

1. Yes, I have enough space 60GB free. And I suppose that the test-file.txt is not that heavy.

2. No, no limited connection

Again, the same FTP works in my production environment where I have 4 servers transferring their backups there.
Same connection settings, only different folders, 1 per server.

And it's too bad because I was wishing to migrate them all to Debian 10 / Plesk 18.0.29

Kind Regards

Another issue with uploading backups over 1.5GB
The response message after page reload is :
Error: Please choose the backup file first !!! WHAT?

PEK 18.0.31 COS8

Back