• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Updating Web Applications

davorg

Basic Pleskian
I installed phpBB version 3.0.0 on one of my domains. Now I see that an update to version 3.0.4 is available in the Application Vault. I've made the new version available to all users so I can see in in my domain's web application control panel. But there is only an option to install it as a new application. I can't see an obvious way to update the application to the latest version.

Am I missing something obvious?

Cheers,

Dave...

Our Installatron Plesk plugin is useful for this case. Installatron will enable you to upgrade your phpBB install to the latest version. The import process from Application Vault is completely automated.

www.installatron.com

Unrestricted use is completely free for a single domain, and unlimited domains costs $5 per month or $50 per year for a "dedicated" server and half that for a VPS.

Installatron is a "full" solution that covers the entire application lifecycle, offering the capability to backup and restore installations, rollback upgrades, import existing/external installations, plus much more.

Cheers,
Phil.

Back