• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Upgrade from 10.3 to 10.4.4 - now cannot login to panel

C

colinjack

I upgraded from Plesk for Windows 10.3.1 to 10.4.4 yesterday using the autoupdater and now I cannot login to the panel as admin. I get the login dialogue box but it just flicks off and comes back when I enter user name and password. I have tried resending password but get "Error in cURL request: couldn't connect to host" ... cannot even get a login box if I try from the desktop but can if I try from another computer.

I have repaired Plesk and rebooted a couple of times but no better. I cannot see anyway of running the micro updater from outside the GUI. All services seem to be running but I cannot login!

Help! Can anybody tell me what to do to get out of this?

Colin

IgorG? Anybody from Parallels able to help?
This was working fine until I upgraded - why do I never learn?

Hello,

Try to execute
/usr/share/plesk-billing/integration --command=repair-all --hostname=<valid server hostname>

<valid server hostname> must be actual server host name which is resolved into valid IP address both locally on this server and globally (from your home computer for example) . You can check this using PING command - type hostname and check IP.

Thanks - but if you look at the original post I am using Plesk for Windows ;)

%plesk_dir%\admin\bin\billing-integration.exe --command=repair-all --hostname=<valid server hostname> should work for you

Thanks - but that hasn't worked.
We don't use the billing system - can we remove it if this is the problem?

Colin

I can log on okay now from Firefox if I am external to the machine (i.e. using global IP).
I cannot access it using IE or Safari though - just flicks back to the login screen.

If I try and access it locally from the server desktop using the shortcut (https://localhost:8443) or via Programs I get the URL 'https://winserver1.domain.tld:8443/relay' and 'Connection timed out' ... even with Firefox.

Smells slightly of DNS to me? We do not use this as a DNS server.

Thanks

Actually I have no idea about why you can't log in using IE but can using Firefox - maybe some browser's caches block you. Techically if you have access with one browser, you should be able to use any of them.

About local connection from server itself - SSO uses browser redirects to authenticate you. Probably your server can't resolve winserver1.domain.tld into correct IP - you can add a line into Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts file and this should help you.

By the way, how many Plesk servers connected to CBM do you have? If only one, then you can probably switch SSO into 'single-panel' mode and it will stop using predefined hostname like 'winserver1.domain.tld' but will start using what you've typed in address bar of the browser (it can be either IP or localhost or something else).
To switch execute the command 'integration --command=switch-sso-mode --sso-mode=single-panel' and check again from you home computer and server itself.

You can read more about SSO modes here: http://download1.parallels.com/Ples...inistrator-guide/index.htm?fileName=67767.htm

Thanks - disabling SSO seems to have solved all the issues!

Appreciate your help.

Back