• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

upgrade from 10.4.4 to 11.0.9: we have to do it?

LegolasTheElf

Basic Pleskian
this time i haven't a problem, but i need an advice:
we are running 2 Linux Plesk server at 10.4.4 mu 40 in production, with all products and components fully upgraded, onto a debian.
We have seen the exit of the 11.0.9 version and we are evaluating the upgrade, but this time we have some doubt because:
a) the upgrade notifies us that all password have to be changed. we have something like some thousands of mail accounts and some hundreds of sites. near all sites are dynamic sites, and if changing passwords is also to database users this is a major problem for us, because it make a stop over all sites to have the database password change. a nightmare.
b) also the upgrade says that we have to add a limit into the server stats system to avoid eccessive use of CPU. bun into the documentation of the software are written everywhere that the limit have not to be changed after have the system running for the first time, becaouse it can broke all the system.
c) we have listen rumors thatt 11.0.9 is a beta release and so plesk doesn't support it. we don't know if it's true, but with this kind of possible problems have no support from parallels means a suicide

so for a brief time we have waited to see if 11.0.10 comes out and solves all problems over here, but time is passing and we don't see nothing changing. over that, we see rumors of security issues.
so we ask an advice
1) considering that we are in production, is the case to face the customer anger for password changing ? what about database user passwords?
2) 11.0.10 or similar are near the corner or not? and they can manage old passwords without changing it?
3) what about statistics? i don't want to kill my servers CPU, but i don't want either a flus of mails to our customers saying that they have trepassed limits or no mail at all...
4) parallels support in full 11.0.9 or not? we can count on support?
5) what about security isuues? can be solved with upgrades or not?

someone can give me some answers about this? what have you do with this upgrades? what's your experience about it?

Thanks to all

To answer a few of your questions:

4) parallels support in full 11.0.9 or not? we can count on support?

Yes, plesk fully supports that product ...

5) what about security isuues? can be solved with upgrades or not?

Plesk 11.* is more secure than 10.* and infact there claims that Plesk 10.* can be compromised and hackers get all passwords since all are in plain text, this is why in 11 there is that change of how passwords are stored ...

Some one else can answer the rest of the questions or share there experience ..Otherwise, I for one have not had much problems upgrading to 11. Yes though for most servers I upgraded customers passwords failed to work so they had to change them ...

also the database users passwords has changed or only panels, ftp and email passwords?
this made a lot of difference for us...

Back