• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Upgrade to 10.4.4 = ERROR: Service_Agent_Exception

i looked into the log fie there is a few errors in there.

the last 7 entries are

system eror 13: permission denied
sys_auth: execve failes for /opt/psa/admin/sbin/sys_auth: permission denied.
so i changed owner from root to psaadm and now i guess i am a step further.

now its telling me when i try to logon to plesk cp:
Error: You have entered incorrect username or password.

but i am sure i enterd userid root and the right password.

the strange thing is, i have a second test plesk server which i updated one week before this one, there the update worked fine and i have no problems, and if i compare permissiones, the files there are all owned by root, like this server before i changed owner to psaadm, on the other server this is no problem, so why here?

Problem still under developer's investigation. I will inform you with results as soon as I receive them.

Developers from Plesk Service Team can't reproduce this issue. Please send login credentials to your server in PM, if it is possible, and developers will check it directly on your server.

You can access my newly built server

I have exactly the same problem but havent tried to work around this by changing permissions.

I will PM you details and will set your developers an account up to verify the issue

I did offer IgorG and his team of developers to access my server.
Unfortunately, the system has been secured and, in order to access the server, the developers would have had to provide an ssh public key. Apparently, the developers can only use ssh as root - which is completely locked down on my server.

I therefore cannot help the developers to find a resolution to this problem.
Thats a shame really....I suppose we can be happy that they will work this out on their own!

Disappointed :-(

judouk, sorry, but developers are not supporters and we have offered support by our initiative, because we are interested in investigating the problem, which we can not reproduce. By all rights, you need to contact support team. Unfortunately you could not help us with login, so sorry.

Sorry IgorG - as previously advised, I could not wait any longer (I had thought that the developers were 'above' support) and so have arranged to have the server rebuilt.
I didnt open a support ticket as there had been some 'noise' about this for a month now

Thanks anyway

I have this error for the third time. A always have problems with plesk upgrades so I don't think they have a good QA policy. I am using plesk for 5 years now, so I've written my own hacks and config upgrade scripts and it works fine now.

This solved the problem for me:

chown psaadm.psaadm /opt/psa/admin/bin/packagemng
chown psaadm.psaadm /opt/psa/admin/sbin/packagemng
apt-get --reinstall install psa
chown psaadm.psaadm utilities.sem

Just FYI, we had the exact same problem updating from 10.3.1 to 10.4.4, on CentOS 5.6.

Peters solution fixed it for us, too.

(minus the apt-get line, of course, and the files are under /usr in CentOS)

I have this error for the third time. A always have problems with plesk upgrades so I don't think they have a good QA policy. I am using plesk for 5 years now, so I've written my own hacks and config upgrade scripts and it works fine now.

This solved the problem for me:

chown psaadm.psaadm /opt/psa/admin/bin/packagemng
chown psaadm.psaadm /opt/psa/admin/sbin/packagemng
apt-get --reinstall install psa
chown psaadm.psaadm utilities.sem

i am have same problem
this problem solve with change permission file

chmod 777 /usr/local/psa/var/utilities.sem

Hi,

Can you please clarify what should be the permissions in /opt/psa/admin/bin and /opt/psa/admin/sbin ?

Why is it root instead of psaadm after upgarding to 10.4.4 ?

Back