1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

upgrading to 11.0.9

Discussion in 'Plesk 11.x for Linux' started by JustinGivens, Jun 29, 2012.

1. JustinGivens

JustinGivens Basic Pleskian

85%
    Upgrading from 10.4.4 MU#36

Running the autoinstaller from shell and it just sits at the HTTP Proxy Page saying "Checking for installed packages..."

Looked at the autoinstaller log and code this:
    Code:
    Progress::step: 2/10 Checking for installed packages...
    Checking for installed packages...
    autoinstaller: read output of rpm -qa --queryformat 'F:system_installed_brief_%{NAME}-%{VERSION}-%{RELEASE}.rpm\nN:%{NAME}\nE:%{EPOCH}\nV:%{VERSION}\nL:%{RELEASE}\nA:%{ARCH}\nf:%{INSTALLTIME}\nB:%{BUILDTIME}\nX:\n'

::Added::

I've tried calling the process twice now and restarting the autoinstaller.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2012
  2. abdi

abdi Platinum Pleskian

18%
    Does your system have sufficient memory and CPU left to run the upgrade? You can always tell by
    Code:
    free -m
    or install htop

3. Nikolay.

Nikolay. Silver Pleskian

35%
    JustinGivens, try stracing rpm and Autoinstaller processes. That might give you an insight into the problem. Just install 'strace' package with your favorite package manager, run Autoinstaller, get Autoinstaller and child rpm process pids (I usually use 'ps faux | less' for that) and then run 'strace -p' on them to see what they are doing. Autoinstaller will probably hang in 'select' system call, while rpm should be doing something.

Post strace logs, if you find any anomaly.