• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Upgrading to MySql 4?

G

goosemoose

I've upgraded to Plesk 7.5, can I upgrade to mysql 4 now? What do I need to do?

Thanks, but my host is running FC1 and it looks like that his program won't work with FC1 unless I'm missing something. Any other ideas? I am running several forums and really want the benefits of query caching in mysql 4

ignore the webpages, I rarely update those. I support mysql 4 and 4.1 for RH9 - FC3. However mysql 4.1 has not been tested with PSA 7.5. It is definitely not compatible with PSA 7.1.x and below

I'm a bit confused on the steps I would need to take for Plesk 7.5, as the instructions look to be for 7.1 or earlier. I appreciate your help, could you outline what I need to do?

Thanks

just install yum, add my channel [art] and type:

yum update
that would update your whole system (php, mysql, etc) or if you want a specific package:

yum update <package name>

Thanks for the info atomicturtle & DeadEye686 . the php & mysql upgrade went smoothly & plesk is still working normally.

thanks again :cool:

Yes, ART rocks my world. Thanks for all that you do, Scott.

Alright, I must be the worlds biggest idiot, because I added [atomic-psa] to my yum conf file and then ran a "yum update mysql" and it says I've got the latest version. Since it's running 3.23.58, I think there's something I'm missing. BTW, this is a RH7.3 machine.

So is it possible that MySQL 4.1 and PSA 7.5.x are living together happily? (crosses fingers...)

What OS are you using

What version of Linux are you using on those 3 machines? I'm currently using Fedora Core 1 and would be interested in getting mysql 4.1 on my machine, I could really use subqueries.

Brandon Petersen

Hi Brandon,
We have successfully upgraded the PHP and MySQL on our RHEL3 machines.

Best of luck to you!

Appears to work fine from the CP. What should I be looking for? :confused:

Originally posted by chris@virtbiz
Appears to work fine from the CP. What should I be looking for? :confused:

Try adding a user and paste the error if there is one. If no error, what build of plesk and mysql are you using?

Okie doak. Wasn't sure what exactly you were looking for when you said "add user", so I added a new client, a new mail user, new database user, and a new web user. No problems.

This is on our standard config of RHEL (Tao Linux clone) Linux 2.4.21-4.0.1.TL and psa v7.5.1_build75041216.14 os_RedHat el3. MySQL 4.0.22-2.rhel3.art

Wasn't aware that was special.

:p

We all were assuming that you were using MySQL 4.1.x on your machine, which would be a big deal. We also have 4.0.22 on our machines.

My biggest desire would be to get MySQL 4.1.x on my machines, gaining the advantage of many great features. But currently, it is a risky package to install with Plesk.

Hopefully the next round of releases from the Linux Distributions will include MySQL 4.1.x. I will be migrating to the the first distribution to do so, that is supported by Plesk.

Brandon Petersen
Get Mozilla FIrefox! http://www.mozilla.org/

Got it now.
I will admit to having been hasty with my prev. responses - I saw MySQL 4.... and thought "oh yes, we replaced 3.23 already."

Back