• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

User as e-mail manager

Scubapro

New Pleskian
How do i get the following situation.

We have Plesk for just managing the website we made as a web developer. So the easiest way is to use the Power User Mode when creating a new hosting. All hosting managing is done by me.

Just one thing i want is to let my client config the e-mail. But when I add an user account and set the role to just Create and manage mail accounts he can manage the e-mail of all domains. Not just the domain in the e-mail address.

What's the right way to just let my client manage the e-mail and nothing else?

This is a new feature designed to be more convenient for you; it was part of the change which also removed the Domain Administrator option that used to be available in all previous versions for the past six years. The official Parallels answer to this issue is to create a new 'customer' for every single subscription and then you can create a webmaster or mail manager within that subscription but they won't be able to see the other domains because that customer account only has one domain.

This is more convenient because now you can spend five minutes doing what used to take 30 seconds.

Of course it won't let you create multiple customers that have the same email address as one another, so now you need to come up with a unique email address for every customer account to hold every subscription all to simply give your end-user the ability to manage their own email accounts.

@ Hostasaurus.Com: Thanks for your reply. After reading more about Plesk 10, I believe that the previous versions weren't so bad.

Back