• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue web.config error - http error 500.19

mudassar

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
windows server 2022
Plesk version and microupdate number
obsidian 18.0.47
I am copying over a laravel app from another plesk server, except it was windows 2019 and the new one is 2022.
I had two SPA's on that server which I have successfully deployed on the new server, both use IIS url rewrite module.

I have run all of the composer and artisan commands, however when I try to open the website I get the error:

"

HTTP Error 500.19 - Internal Server Error​

The requested page cannot be accessed because the related configuration data for the page is invalid."​

However the web.config file is an exact replica from the other server.

When I go to iis manager and I try to add a rewrite rule I get the error:
"There was an error while performing this operation. Details Filename \\?\D:\plesk\vhosts\domain\subdomain\public\web.config
Error:"

That is it. no further details.

If I delete my web.config and go directly to the IIS manager and add any re-write rule, the config file becomes usable again and openable via IIs manager.

Though, obviously, I get another error (

TTP Error 404.0 - Not Found

The resource you are looking for has been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.)

I am guessing If i manually add all of the rules via IIS manager I could resolve this, but to be honest, I don't really understand most of the rules.

I am guessing this is an IIs issue rather than plesk, but even if i edit the web.config directly in plesk, I get the same error.

I wish my developer hadn't tried to black mail me. Trying to get something of the ground with limited budget is a major pain in the backside.

Hi mudassar,

Kinda hard to say what's really happening without digging into it. Windows and IIS is a completely different beast compared to Linux and Apache/Nginx. You would want to review log files and event viewer. There's a good chance that you're missing a feature that the 2019 server had installed that the 2022 server does not or the web application is utilizing a specific version of the .NET framework, or it could simply be a difference with how the rewrite rules are.

You can use something like OOB Related 500.19 Errors — Jexus Manager 12.0 documentation to help get you a more detail error as well.

But, generally speaking, when you're moving applications from one major version of Windows to another major version, you generally don't do a 1:1 copy since there's usually differences in play and need to basically slowly rebuild while keeping the old in production while the new is tested and ready to be cut over to.

Thanks all for your help.
Hi mudassar,

Kinda hard to say what's really happening without digging into it. Windows and IIS is a completely different beast compared to Linux and Apache/Nginx. You would want to review log files and event viewer. There's a good chance that you're missing a feature that the 2019 server had installed that the 2022 server does not or the web application is utilizing a specific version of the .NET framework, or it could simply be a difference with how the rewrite rules are.

You can use something like OOB Related 500.19 Errors — Jexus Manager 12.0 documentation to help get you a more detail error as well.

But, generally speaking, when you're moving applications from one major version of Windows to another major version, you generally don't do a 1:1 copy since there's usually differences in play and need to basically slowly rebuild while keeping the old in production while the new is tested and ready to be cut over to.
Correct, I had Corrs re-writes in the web.config but the corrs module was not installed. I found this out by actually going through the old wb.config and adding the rules via the IIS re-write module and when it failed, I realised why.

This is very much a steep learning curve and I am grateful for your help and advise!

Back