• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

webmail interface suddenly changed?

What you see at webmail.clanbots.org is the IMP version which ships with 7.5.3

It is a new looking interface from previous IMP versions.

oh i just realized when i try to login to plesk it says 7.5.3, not 7.5.2 like it used to, so the change from .2 to .3 is what changed the imp and the skin?

Yes, with Plesk 7.5.3 they are using the newer version of Horde/IMP, also changed the install path for it as well (many posts about this).

Thank you, I really liked using the imp skin that came with 7.5.2, is there a reason why they changed it? Or is there anyway to go back to using that one?

It was not just the skin that changed, they decided (probably from customer pressure) to go with a newer version of Horde and IMP software. The authors of IMP were the ones who decided to change the skin.

Good point: newer Horde/IMP has newer features and a new look, maybe some bug or security fixes (? I'm guessing on this since I don't keep track of either)

Bad point: Plesk changed the install path and didn't warn anybody, so many admins initially had some issues, which were resolved easily. New versions load slower than the old versions.

Not positive what you would have to do to downgrade to the earlier version of Horde & IMP.

Back