• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Websites VERY Slow following upgrade to Plesk 8.6

D

davetidwell

Hi everyone,

Hoping of course that no-one else has suffered this problem, but that someone out there can help! I upgraded my Parallels Plesk system on a root Windows 2003 server from 8.x to 8.6 today. The upgrade went perfectly, no reported errors or issues.

On completion of the upgrade I also applied the 8.6.01 patch.

FTP, email and other services continued to work fine, and responsive, but any web based request to the server for any domain hosted on it that involves anything other than raw delivery of HTML is incredibly slow; painfully slow. A typical PHP and mysql powered website loads the page in 30 seconds!

I have the problem consistently now across all domains on my server, and cannot find any obvious culprit. II6 is useless from its error-reporting capability (wow, how I miss the httpd error log in Linux!) I cannot find anything obviously wrong with the mysql configuration, or the php configuration. The server just takes 25 seconds to render a page that used to render in less than a 3rd of a second prior to the upgrade.

I have completed all post installation checks, validated the security policies for plesk, checked the config files for php and my.ini's and done a full plesk reconfigurator without issue. No errors reported anywhere.

I triggered detailed debug traces on those websites that have that reported capability in their core and they report finishing their page "build" in less than a second and a half or less. debug trace is completely normal from the PHP engine perspective; but, for some reason the output is simply not being returned to the requesting Internet Browser for about 30 seconds.

Has anyone else bumped into this issue? I could have sworn that I had similar problems on an older linux version of plesk with several websites a couple of major releases ago but cannot for the life of me find any references to it in these forums!??!!** Is anyone else out there struggling with useless websites after the upgrade? I have 18 domains currently on this server which cannot be used because visitors are "bored" and leave the page within 10 seconds of no-response. This issue is costing my websites good money in lost business/traffic. I'd really appreciate any tips people can provide on how to trace, identify and make good the cause of this problem.

Server Windows 2003
IIS 6
Plesk 8.6 (I removed the patch via the control panel to see if it was an issue with the patch - but no, its still the same)

Thanks

Dave Tidwell
Longwood, Florida

Hi Sanjay,

Thanks, I tried that already! It raised more questions than answers; although things are looking better this morning......I have a feeling that the issues had nothing to do with the upgrade, but were purely coincidental to my router which terminates my 15mbit cable connection. I reset all devices last night, left them switched off for an hour, and then when I rechecked the performance of the sites this morning they appeared "normal" again.

I the filemon trace I see thousands of "ACCESS DENIED" messages for processes associated with PHP and hard-disk activity. This question takes the thread slightly off-topic, but are these normal? Should I expect to see them. I have run plesk reconfigurator and it has checked all file and domain permissions with zero errors - yet my filemon status shows this NOT to be the case.

Thanks for your suggestion

Best and Final RESOLUTION

it is Best way for Resolving this problem ( slow Plesk control Panel and Remote Desktop and localhost on windows server 2003 )

i find plesk require Enough RAM for processing , for example if you have Enough CPU but your Ram is Low , your plesk and remote Desktop and localhost is very slow , but your site loading normal

for resolve this problem :

1 - Upgrdae Hardware ( RAM ) " Recommend "

OR

2 - Change this setting in server :

Right Click on MyComputer => Properties => Advanced => Performance => in Memory Usage Select (Programs)

and then

in Virtual Memory click Change Button

select Custom Size and add a larger number in initial size for example 6000 , and largest number in Maximum size for example 8000 and then click in Set button

OK all page and Restart Winows

You Can View Screen Shot link for esay setting
1 - http://forum.swsoft.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=237&stc=1&d=1227939703
2 - http://forum.swsoft.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=239&stc=1&d=1227940013

thanks
http://www.EsfahanHost.com
Masoud Saeidi

I have the same problem. I upgraded from Plesk control panel 8.3.0.1 and after the update, all scriptbased web sites (ASP.NET, php etc.) are extremely slow, at least the first request which usually takes 20-25 seconds. My OS is also windows server 2003 SP2. If there's a solution to this problem, please post it in this thread. By the way, this has nothing to do with shortage of RAM of processor power.

Kind regards,

Peter Johansson

Back