• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

What will break?

swopedesign

Regular Pleskian
Does anyone know what will be broken in the upgrade to v4 from v3? Will customers notice a problem of any kind when they next go to update their current web site? Will any of their information be missing or deleted? Will the upgrade be seamless? Will existing templates (they appear to be the same in v4) still work in v4, or are they updated to take advantage of the new feature or two (subtitles for example)?

have same concerns and would like to know if there we can easily revert back to v3 in case of serious issue

I just upgraded from version 3 to version 4. extremely smooth.. After I figured out to change permissions on the installer file and install it from a directory not /tmp.

The one thing to watch for after installation is the hostname.

it changed mine from xxx.domainname.xxx to sitebuilder.xxx.domainname.xxx

I had to create an "A" record for sitebuilder.xxx.domainname.xxx and notify my users to use the new location.

Other than that everything stayed intact including usernames and passwords and sites. I don't have a lot of sites on it yet. It reinstalled what looked like all the template packages and modules but didn't seem to break anything.

As far as reverting back to version 3 I don't know. I suggest contacting SWsoft about that.

cnote how did you upgrade? Via rpm or some script? Since your upgrade have you come across any issues?

Back