• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question When Prestashop has been installed by Plesk. How can you change the Plesk assigned Database?

dman

New Pleskian
Hi,

I want to change the database assigned to my online store in the Plesk settings.

I already know how to link the application to a different database by navigating in the Prestashop file system to /app/config/parameters.php and editing the parameters.

What I'm asking here is how do you change the database name in Plesk? I'll attach a screenshot of the exact problem. I'm assuming that if Plesk updates the Prestashop for you it will need to have the correct database name assigned in these settings for it to update the application successfully.

It's really strange why Plesk doesn't allow you to change the linked database in the Manage application settings.

Picture attached:

plesk_dbname-prestashop.jpg

I'm assuming here Plesk must be reading this data from some file that could be edited directly via SSH.

Please advise if it can be done.

how do you change the database name in Plesk?

May I know why? What is wrong with the old name?

If you import a Prestashop installation from another server to Plesk App manager, then Plesk App Manager will detect the database name, but it will not allow you to change it even with new install.

How important is this for you from scale 1 to 10?

The problem with the old name is it's just called Prestashop then a number. I would be nice to relate the database name in some way to the name of the store.

It's not vital but I'm extremely surprised it didn't give you the option to setup the name of the database. It's a 6 in importance.

Plesk must read that data from somewhere. Surely it's editable.

Note: If a database, which is going to be renamed, belongs to a website based on CMS (WordPress, Joomla!, Drupal, etc.), change the database name in the CMS configuration file

If I go with the renaming the database in Plesk procedure. Will that also change the name where the database is listed in the applications area showing in my screenshot?

What I want out of this is so that the Plesk Prestashop update procedure still works correctly because Plesk sees that new database name when doing updates.

Will that also change the name where the database is listed in the applications area showing in my screenshot?
Yes,
Make sure you click the scan button. I3imJpcktU.png
if your modifications implemented correctly, you should see the name reflected on Plesk App Manager.
Plesk Prestashop update procedure still works correctly because Plesk sees that new database name when doing updates.
Yes.

When you select a custom installation of Prestashop, at this point you can specify the database name as you want.

even with a new install.
When you select a custom installation of Prestashop, at this point you can specify the database name as you want.

Edit: If you want to start a new Prestashop you can select custom install, but in your case, updating a database name after creation required manual database edit,

You have another option to rename your database safely with Plesk without directPHPMyAdmin access.

Use the copy function in Plesk Database Manager to copy your existing database by creating a new one with a new name.

yCSShQayW5.png

Back